5

f i v e

It was a miracle when I managed to make it into my own house and to the confines of my bedroom.

The party only seemed wilder when I had finally managed to step out of the bathroom and back into the main space, the music louder and the people more drunk. Shoving my way through them deemed a harder challenge then I thought, and it didn't help when I felt eyes on my back the whole way through.

But everytime I managed to paranoidly look over my shoulder, I couldn't see anyone staring my way. No one's eyes holding the fact that they knew what I had just done.

Now in my room, the music was still significantly loud, but Luke wouldn't care about that. The cops would probably be called in the next half hour or so, judging by how quickly it was turning into a midnight rager.

Speaking of midnight, I glanced to the clock on my side table and groaned when I saw the digital numbers change from 1:03 to 1:04AM.

"Never again." I muttered to myself, shaking my head and walking towards my dresser. All I wanted was to sleep but that didn't seem likely anymore.

Grabbing a set of pajamas and a towel from the end of my bed, I headed towards my connecting bathroom, shutting the door and tossing my clothes onto the counter top.

I screamed as soon as I turned around.

"Oh my gosh!"

"Calm the hell down!"

But I continued to scream, absolutly mortified to find someone inside my bathroom, "What the hell are you doing in here?!"

"Stop screaming or you're gonna wake up the whole neighbourhood!"

"Um, newsflash, your party has the neighbourhood already awake!" I all but yelled back at him, trying to calm my fast paced heart and breathing, "How are you in here?!"

Luke bit his bottom lip, drawing my eyes there for a brief moment before he lightly shrugged his shoulders, "I came through the window."

I blinked, "What. The hell. What is wrong with you?"

"I needed to talk to you and I couldn't do it infront of everyone. Obviously."

"So you break in to my house?" my voice lightly rose with each word, an underlying of anger now mixed in with my initial shock.

"Oh please," Luke rolled his eyes at my insinuation, "I didn't break in, your window was unlocked. You're not that special."

I almost sputtered at his excuse, "Clearly I must be if here you are, in my bathroom after climbing through my window."

Luke rolled his eyes, knowing I was right but obviously not wanting to admit such. He never would. So after a moment of tense silence, I turned and opened my bathroom door, gesturing for him to walk out, "Get out."

"No." he took a step back defiantly.

"Then why are you here?"

"Because.." he began, but that seemed to be as far as he had gotten in whatever it was he wanted to say.

I motioned with my hands to continue, "Because what?"