12

t w e l v e

It was 2 o'clock in the morning when Luke stumbled into my room through my window.

He tripped over the sill and almost face planted into the ground but I had sprung from my bed and caught the weight of his body before he could.

The sudden rush of movement from lying in bed and dozing off to suddenly springing from my mattress made my head spin, only making me annoyed, "Have you ever heard of being quiet?"

Luke straightened himself in stance, a lazy and mocking grin on his lips as he rose a brow, "You stayed up for me?"

For some reason, my face grew hot with blush, "What? No. I was basically sleeping until you bombarded through my window."

He didn't look like he believed me, and glanced around my room as if he was in it for the first time before his eyes settled back on me, gaze scanning my attire.

"Cute pajamas, but I was hoping you'd be wearing a little less than that," he hummed then, dramatically sighing, "Maybe that lace green ensemble you were teasing me with earlier?"

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest and supressing my blush successfully this time. As soon as 11PM turned into, 12, and then 1, I had given up on waiting for him. So I changed from my wrap dress to some small shorts and a low cut tank top. I no longer had the intention of fooling around with Luke tonight, or rather early morning, but I wanted to figure out what Harmony had been talking about earlier. What had they hid from me? And was it truely apart of why Luke stopped being my friend? What could be so bad?

I no longer cared about whatever Stephanie had to say, as she always seemed to have some sort of warped version of what was truth, but I figured I'd start there first, seeing as it was the lighter matter that shouldn't require much prying.

So I placed my hand on Luke's chest to prevent him from coming closer when he had taken a few steps towards me, and he dropped his outstretched arms as I spoke, "Nope, not tonight."

Luke frowned playfully, "If not tonight, then why did I bother showing up?"

"Because we need to talk," I pushed him back a step, dropping my hands from across my chest to my hips, "You have quite a bit of explaining to do."

He groaned, and I glanced to my locked bedroom door at how loud it was. Luke turned away from me and flounced towards my rolling desk chair, plopping down into it lazily, "When you say talk, you really mean you're going to screech at me while I sit here and take it."

"First of all, I do not screech," I defended before shaking my head, "Second of all, don't change the subject. And third of all, I do not screech."

He frowned, "You said that one twice."

"Because I need to ingrain it in your blonde head," I took a few steps towards where he was lounging on the chair and I leaned my back against the nearest wall facing him, crossing my arms, "Now tell me."

"Tell you what?"

"Tell me why Stephanie keeps thinking you're together." My tone was slightly sharp, and Luke huffed at the sound of it.

"Are you jealous?"

I rose my brows, "Excuse me?"