Epilogue [part 1]

a/n: warning yall. there's some spicy scenes... maybe more than one... this is the only warning yall get.

e p i l o g u e
eight months later

"You broke up?"

"Yeah... we did. But I'm okay, I promise."

"Are you sure? Because I know that you really wanted this to work. I mean, you guys were like best friends before anything else. And you dated for months."

"I said that I'm okay. We're probably going to get back together in a week. That's how we work; He always comes back to me."

I took my bottom lip between my teeth. "Alright... but it's also okay to be upset about it, Harmony."

"Whatever," she sighed, but I knew that she was sad, even through the phone. While I couldn't see her face, I could hear the desire to be comforted and consoled. I mean, she and Calum had been dating for almost a whole year, but then again they'd been on and off a lot for the last two or three months. When she had initially called me half an hour ago, she seemed distressed but now she was saying otherwise. "When are you coming back here?"

"Tomorrow," I sighed, allowing her to change the topic. "Hopefully we get back before it's too late in the evening."

"We?" she questioned. "Luke is bringing you back?"

"Mhm," I sighed through my nose yet again, getting up from my desk chair and going to my bed instead. "That's what he told me."

"He does realize that he has to drive through Virginia to get to Maryland, and then has to come back to Virginia, right?" she spoke blandly as if she couldn't care less. "That makes no sense."

"That's what I told him, and he still insisted he'd come and pick me up."

"That still doesn't make any sense."

"We're best friends, Harm," I plopped down on my bed. "And he's a nice person. Who likes to do nice things for me."

"Yeah, for you," she scoffed. "Look, Ben and Jack are coming back too so there's going to be dinner tomorrow night. Just make sure you're on time for that."

"Okay mother," I rolled my own eyes. "Is that the only reason you called? To snap at me and make sure I'm home on time for dinner? If you miss me, you could just say so."

There was a beat of silence, and then, "I'll just see you tomorrow, Maddy. Later."

Before I could say anything more she had hung up the phone, making my mouth drop open as I pulled the device away from my ear. Wow. Even though we weren't even living together anymore, she still hadn't changed.

I was in my dorm at the University of Maryland. It had been only a month into the school year, but I absolutely loved my program, and the new people I had met. Not to mention there were no cliques here, which made making friends a whole lot easier, and there weren't any toes I was trying not to step on.

I had been lucky enough to get my own room. It wasn't too small, with a twin bed to one side, a desk area on the other, and a nice fluffy rug in the middle. There was a window, too, which currently streamed in the evening sun. It was close to setting.