14

f o u r t e e n

"And since I have a spare third block, I can come and show you where your communications technology class is."

I smiled simply at Harmony, still feeling the tense air brewing between the two of us, but when was it ever not tense? It was Monday morning and we had just finished our first class that we had together; Social Science. We didn't talk the whole class—actually, she neglected to acknowledge my existence, but I was fine with that, as Jared made quiet jokes to me throughout the lesson before making sure I was still meeting him in the library to help him study. Harmony could care less about me though.

While it was her first day, people were already interested to know about her. She had put on quite the show at Stephanie's party, dancing on the table and all, and guys were already throwing winks her way.

It was either because of that, or because of the outfit she chose to wear today.

While I went for a simple pair of light blue, high waisted jeans and a v-line, red cropped long sleeve, Harmony saw it fit to wear the shortest pair of black shorts she probably had and a low cut blue tank top. After walking past her mother in the kitchen, she was forced to throw on a black cardigan, but she compensated that for a pair of heeled boots.

At my words, she rolled her eyes, "I don't need a babysitter."

"And I don't need a baby to sit, but here we are." I blurted out before I could think. I didn't want to fight with her, especially because I was still trying to keep in mind that she was in a new town, a new living arrangement and a new school. I tried to not care about that because it shouldn't be an excuse for her behaviour, but I knew she was struggling.

That and the fact that I was still trying to find out what it is that happened between her and Luke the summer before she stopped visiting.

At my remark, she rolled her eyes and shoved past me, making me stumble. I followed her lead with the eye roll before turning and walking down the hall, making my way to my history class. It was the one class that I had that I didn't have Jaime or even Stephanie, but I didn't mind. I loved history, and discussing the events of the past helped me to escape my present, even if it was for a little while.

Sadly, the class passed by a lot quicker than I would have liked and I was on my way back to Harmony's advanced functions class inwhich I had dropped her off at. I wasn't keen on showing her around today, but seeing as she couldn't navigate otherwise and wouldn't ask for help either, I didn't have it in me to leave her defenceless.

When I got to her class, I stopped short with widened eyes as she exited the room, Luke beside her as she giggled at something he had said, which I doubt was funny. My eyes darted to her arm that was looped through his, her other touching his chest fondly to accompany her giggle.

I stepped in front of them and both their attention turned to me as I frowned, "Uh..? Ready to go to com tech..?" I glanced between the two of them before choosing to settle my gaze solely on Harmony.

"Oh I don't need you anymore," her smile towards me was so odd that I blinked a couple times to see whether it was truley there or not, "Luke is going to show me around."

I rose a brow and looked to Luke, "Is he now?"

Luke's blue eyes swirled and he smirked down at me, "Don't sound so jealous."