19

n i n e t e e n

The party was stretching into the wee hours of the morning and I was absolutly exhausted.

Steph, who was dressed in the yellow plaid costume of Cher from Clueless had found me later in the night right before I had gotten to the game room that Addison had called me to. Steph was asking me if I had seen Jared anywhere and then two seconds later he was walking right by us while making out with another girl.

Harmony.

Steph was quick to turn tables on the soccer player and an overwhelming wave of disappointment showered over me. I shouldn't be surprised; Harmony has had it out for me since she got here. I expected better from Jared, though. Didn't he like me?

After that the party wasn't fun for me anymore. I watched from the sidelines as everyone got piss drunk, caused riots and acted like crazy teenagers. Harm and Steph got into it a bit and Jared slipped off while they argued. I found Jaime later in the night, pressed against the wall by none other than Michael, making me laugh. She was going to get an earful from me about that tomorrow when she was sober and thinking straight.

Now that it was nearing three in the morning, everything was winding down. The music was off and alot of people were passed out throughout the house, some still thriving with the alcohol in their systems, and the more sober ones dragging their drunken friends out the door.

The plan was for Jaime to be my ride home so that I wouldn't have to call either of my parents out of bed so early in the morning. I'm pretty sure Harmony's plan was to crash with some one night stand, but by the way she was still swaying to nonexistent music in the middle of an empty room, drink still in hand and her eyes closed as she danced by herself, I don't think she had a plan at all.

Tearing my gaze from her, I reached up and pulled the two hair ties holding up my ponytails from my hair, letting them disappear and my locks to cascade in colorful ringlets down my back. It was time to find Jaime and tell her that we should probably get going. I didn't know when her parents expected her home, but I was certain that mine wouldn't appreciate being woken up at 3AM.

"Have you seen Jaime?" I asked a few people as I walked around the large house. Most were spralwed on various peices of furniture, some across the floor and causing me to have to step over them, and all of them were too drunk to know my best friend's whereabouts.

As I walked into the kitchen I was greeted by some girl puking into the large double sink, making me scrunch up my nose in disgust.

"Hey!"

At the new voice I was quick to turn around, eyes wide and brows raised as Michael was suddenly bounding over to me.

"Hi..." I gave him a small, tired smile as he sided up infront of me and when he halted, he smiled back.

"Contain your excitement at my arrival, why don't you." he joked as he slightly swayed, and I shook my head as I took in his entire attire.

Michael's costume was completly disheveled, his hood down, hair a mess, mirror chipped and under one arm and his white clothes stained in different colors, "You look like shit."

"Thanks, Mads," he rolled his eyes, "At least I don't look worse than you."

I scoffed, "You don't look worse then me," I shook my head with a laugh, "And I thought Jaime was with you. Have you seen her?"