20

t w e n t y

I was smiling when I awoke before Luke.

His snores were soft and his arm was drapped across my waist as he held my back to his chest. The feeling in the pit of my stomach seemed to amplify when I shifted and his arm tightened, pulling me closer.

Among my other doubts about spending the night with him, waking up in his arms and not hating it was something I didn't expect to happen. I felt safe, secure, wanted. I felt at home, and I couldn't understand why.

Glancing at the clock on his wall, it was 9 in the morning, meaning I had only slept for five hours. Usually that wouldn't be enough but I felt oddly well rested, not that I wanted to get out of bed.

When I shifted again and Luke tightened his grip on me, the blush on my cheeks returned and I closed my eyes. This had to be a dream. There was no way that I was in Luke Hemmings bed, wrapped in his arms, and enjoying being here. How many girls had he done this with before? How many had he gone further with right here?

Pushing those thoughts aside, I let myself snuggle into the sheets, wanting to go back to sleep.

Yet, that didn't seem possible anymore.

I felt Luke's breath against my neck change, his arm wrapping tighter around me before loosening and he shifted so that he was on his back.

He was waking up.

I shut my eyes immediatly, my first thought being to pretend to be asleep. I don't know why, but I wanted to know what his unfiltered reaction would be, seeing me here and next to him and all.

Would he remember anything? Would he remember everything?

I felt him jolt awake, probably at seeing me next to him, before he was cursing in a groan. Probably from the headache and from moving so quickly.

There was silence then, but I felt his eyes on me.

He shifted behind me slowly until I felt him leaning over me. When I felt his hand on my face I refrained from flinching, but it was only so that he could move the hair out of my face and behind my ear. Was he trying to see who I was?

When I felt his breath fan over my skin he leaned away, seeming to believe that I was asleep.

"What the hell?" he whispered under his breath to himself.

I bit back a smile at how adorably astonished he seemed to sound, continuing my act and listening to him shift around some more. I felt Luke slowly lie back down, gingerly reaching his arm out and drapping it across my waist softly. When he was situated again, he tightened his grip and held me closer, cuddling close.

We both fell back asleep.

* * *

I yawned and fluttered my eyes open sometime later, squinting at the light coming into the room. The curtains were drawn to let the rays shine in, and the warm light made the room slightly suffocating.

Shifting onto my side, the clock on the wall read just past 1 in the afternoon, and I sat up quickly in my bed.

Luke's bed.