6

s i x

"I hate you, you know."

I rolled my eyes at Jaime as we stepped out of her car on Monday morning, not impressed by her words.

And by my silence, she nudged my shoulder when we met infront of her car, "Are you not going to ask why I hate you?"

"No," I shrugged my shoulders, my mind unfortunately elsewhere, "Because I know that you're about to tell me."

"Unless I leave you guessing."

"I highly doubt that, because I don't really care."

She rolled her eyes this time at me, and she shoved my shoulder harder this time as we entered the school, "You missed out on the rest of the party after you left."

"Oh?" I mused, seeming to lead her down the hall and towards my locker, "And what exactly did I miss out on?"

"Well," she began, leaning on the locker next to mine as we arrived and I opened it, "Jared humiliated Stephanie."

I rose a brow, actually intrigued, "How? So they're really over now?"

"She was trying to give him a lap dance infront of everyone and he pushed her off of him, stumbled into someone holding drinks, proceeded to have those drinks then spilled on her, before falling on her ass."

I found myself smiling at that, amused but not wanting to laugh, "Yikes."

"Yeah, and then she like disappeared and then reappared an hour later coming out of Luke's room... in his shirt."

I felt myself tense at the mention of my neighbour, throwing a hopefully casual glance towards her before back to my locker, "She moves on quickly," my grip seemed to tighten on the books I was already holding, my other hand rifling aimlessly through my other papers for who knows what, "Wait what time did this happen?"

She hummed as she thought about it casually, "I don't know. A little past midnight, maybe?"

I slammed my locker shut at her answer and I noticed her flinch lightly in startlement, not expecting me to close it so harshly, "Anything else?"

When I turned to her, I saw that she had her brow raised and was studying me, yet she shook her head, "Cops came a little past 2 and Drake Mars was arrested for pissing on the cops' tires."

At that, I actually did burst out laughing, not being able to help myself from throwing my head back in pure astonishment.

She joined me in light giggles, "He was totally wasted, it was hilarious."

"Now I really am sorry that I left," I shook my head, still giggling, "Did you end up-..."

I couldn't tell you what my thought would've been because it flew from my mind as soon as my eyes drifted to the movement behind Jaime, a loud commotion behind her.

Oh f*ck no.

Luke and his friends were lightly shoving each other as they laughed about something and walked down the hall. Ashton shoved Luke a little too hard and he stumbled into Calum who stumbled into a random girl going through her locker, and the rest of the boys burst out in laughter at Calum and the girls' expense.