Chapter Four: Changing the Menu

"We gotta find Sam." Tucker said and the three of us stand up from our seats. "For some reason, I feel like I got her kidnapped."

"Maybe because you told the ghost she changed the menu?" I brought up, crossing my arms at him. "How about that?" Suddenly, Tucker started sniffing the air again. "What now?"

"That steak is still in the building! Two hundred yards top!"

Danny walked over to the tv monitors on the side wall. "Check it out." He said, and we looked over. There was a bunch of boxes of meat that he pointed to with a trail juice leading from the exit sign. "Meat trail." He turned to face us and transformed back into his ghost form. Tucker and I walked over and Danny grabbed both of our wrists. We were floating a bit off the ground and turned invisible. After that, we dove right through the ground and we escaped before the English teacher, Mr. Lancer, came back.

~~~

We were taken to the storage room, and Tucker clasped his hands together in delight. "Sweet mother of mutton!" he said. "I dreamed of it, but I never thought I lived to see it."

"How is it that I've got the ghost powers?" Danny started to say and I finish with, "And you're the weird kid?" We both smiled at the joke until we heard an old lady laughing. We hurried over and peered behind some boxes, trying not to get caught.

"My dear child," the lunch lady said to Sam who was trapped in a mountain pile of meat. She must be suffocating, I thought. "Meat is good for kids. It helps them grow and makes them smile." Sam struggled to be free, but there was no avail. "Why won't you eat it?"

"We don't need meat. That's fat!" She exclaimed.

The lunch lady took a second to realize what she had said, and roared, "SILENCE!" She pointed at Sam. "You need discipline. Manners. Respect!" The three of us were staring in shock. "You know where that comes from?! MEAT." Suddenly, she holds up two pieces of items. "Chicken? Or fish?"

Danny and I pulled back from the boxes and we all turned to him. "I'll take care of the ghost, guys." he said. "You two just figure out a way to get Sam out of that pile of meat!"

"Waaaay ahead of you both." Tucker said, with a fork and knife in each hand. I looked at him oddly.

"Do you carry those all the time?" I asked.

"Maybe." he grinned. "Maybe I don't."

We started running over to Sam after the ghost was distracted, and Tucker started to slice up a piece of steak. "I'll have you free in no time, Sam!" Tucker eagerly said.

"You've got to be kidding me." She said.

"Yeah, Sam. Don't worry." I stifled a laugh. "I'll be the one actually helping you." I started throwing several pieces of meat away from the pile. I felt like my arms were about to pop off after a while. I didn't make any dent!

Suddenly, the lunch lady spoke up. "Don't you see?!" she asked, and I turned to see Danny being held upside down by his foot. "This is why you need meat! You're skin and bones!" She threw him away and I watched as half of his body phased through the wall. I decided there was no time to waste and continued taking pieces of meat from the pile. Tucker started to take his first bite of meat finally, until the pile of meat finally let Sam free. We smiled, but then we noticed it all flying towards the lunch lady to create that gigantic meat monster. The meat monster extended its fist at Danny and wrapped its hand around him.

"Help's on the way buddy!" Tucker said.

"Danny!" I shouted as he screamed. The meat monster threw him at the wall and he phased right through helplessly.

The three of us were by ourselves now, and the monster growled at us. "Run?" Sam and Tucker asked.

"Run." I agreed. We started screaming and booked it out of there. We tried to head for the exit, but a pile of meat exploded in front of us. We were pushed back and started running a different direction, screaming some more.

Then, Danny came around the three of us, he wrapped his arms around mine and Tucker's waist, and Tucker grabbed Sam so we could all turn invisible together. It must've been rough to Danny, using his powers so much today just to save us. We phased through the walls together and found ourselves outside the school building. The sun was nearly setting.

Once we phased back to normal, I looked over. "Gee, Danny." I said as we floated away. "Fighting meat monsters, flying through walls? You must be exhausted."

"What?" He defended, and he started trailing off. "Of course not, what would...give you that idea...?" We fell to the ground, sitting upright, and a bright light appeared. We noticed that Danny changed back to his human form, and he was on the grass fast asleep.

~~~

We had to take him home. It took a good while to walk from Casper High to the Fenton Works. Finally, we arrived and Sam opened the door. She and I were holding Danny by his feet while Tucker held his upper body. "Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Fenton!" Tucker said. "What a school day. Poor Danny nodded off. We figured we'd just carry him all the way home and tuck him into bed without any parental interaction whatsoever."

"Don't get up!" Sam said.

"We know where to go!" I also said, and we hauled Danny right up the stairs together. "Bye!" We set him down and waited for him to wake up.

~~~

Danny's eyes started to flutter open and we were all sprawled out in his bedroom, sitting near him. He stammered, wondering what happened. "You passed out, we took you home." Tucker said. "You've been asleep for four days!" Sam and I glared at him.

"Four days?!" Danny shouted, and I tried to put him back against his headboard as Tucker giggled.

"Nah, it's only been a couple hours."

"Knock it off, Tucker." I muttered, elbowing him in the ribs.

"Yeah, this is the second time your recklessness almost got him killed." Sam mentioned.

"Me?!" Tucker growled back. "I almost got him killed? The only reason THIS had to happen was because (Y/n) brought up the thing about uniqueness." I stared at him appalled. How did I end up in between their heated argument?! "Sam had to take the meat away, and I'm going to get it back." At this point, Danny and I watched them argue back and forth like it was a tennis match.

"You wanna change that menu back?!" Sam yelled, ignoring the two of us completely. "You're going to have to go through me to do it!" She shut the door closed and we just kind of gaped at the door.

I looked back over at Danny. "I still don't understand how I was brought up in the conversation." I frowned.

"It's not your fault. Those two have always been opposites. I'm sure everything will be back to normal by tomorrow..." Danny said.

"I highly doubt that." I said. After a while, I got up, and once we said our goodbyes, I headed home.