Chapter Fourteen: Sampson Vs. Skulker

*Y/N POV*

"You were supposed to be the bait, you stupid animal!" Skulker growled, jumping through Sampson's cage.

"Sampson's not stupid!" Sam shouted, offended. We had grabbed a Sampson suit from one of the gift shops nearby and I was surprised by how well it fit the three of us inside.

"He's also not here." I smiled.

"Can I take a message?" Tucker asked, holding up his PDA.

"You three, you'll pay for this!" Skulker said. All of the weapons appeared from his suit, and he aimed it at us.

"Oh, I don't think so..." Tucker said as I tossed the suit behind us. He clicked the word 'send' on his PDA and Skulker's one beeps.

"Time for push ups...?" His suit glowed bright and without any control, he was down on the ground. "Stop! I can't stop!"

"I can help with that!" Danny exclaimed, as a phantom overhead. I smiled proudly as he flung himself towards Skulker, sending blows and shoving him to the other side of the cage. Danny punched Skulker several times and several times more, destroying parts of the suit. One of the guns appeared on Skulker's suit and Danny gaped.

"Ah, ah, ah..." Tucker sang. "10:11. Polish armor." He clicked with his pen, and the gun changed into a buffer. It started polishing Skulker's face.

"Stop fooling around, Tucker!" I said.

"Power him down already, now!" Danny shouted.

Tucker smiled, and he held up his PDA. "Relax...Everything's totally under-" We jumped when an arrow punctured through it, flung across the cage, and hit against the tree. "-Control? Oh man, I had four more payments on this one!"

"Tucker..." I facepalmed at him.

"You're fired." Danny pointed out.

"Very well, I planned on simply capturing you and letting you live the rest of your life in a cage, but now, I will rest your pelt at the foot of my bed...!" Skulker said.

"Okay, that's just gross." I said.

"Well, ghost boy?" he asked. "Any last words?"

I watched as Danny was crouched on the ground with a mischievous smile again. "Just this." Danny said. Once he got up, he patted his head, repeatedly covered his eyes, and pounded his chest.

"What are you doing?!"

Danny turned around and crouched down to scratch his own butt. "Calling a friend." He replied.

Suddenly, Sampson arrives out of nowhere roaring, and crashes into Skulker. "You learned his language?" I asked with a smile.

He laughed, "Well, sure! All he does is this." He kept motioning the scratching on his butt. I looked at Sam and Tucker who was amazed and I giggled. We were cheering on Sampson fighting Skulker one on one and also shocked at what was happening at some points of the fight. Skulker's left mechanical arm was torn off and tossed at our feets.

"But I still don't understand why a ghost needed a high-tech battle suit!" Tucker brought up.

We looked up and realized we were about to get hit with some parts of his suit. Sam and Tucker ducked from the pieces. Danny wrapped his arms around me and protected me from the debris. We were about to get hit with his helmet until Danny managed to catch it. I looked over Danny's shoulder and we saw tiny feet etching out of the helmet.

"Let me go!" A squeaky voice said. "I am the Skulker. The Skulker! Do you hear me?! Fear me!"

Danny pulled out a tiny ghost from the helmet. "For an evil villain, he looks kind of adorable." I said to Danny who looked at me concerned.

"I am the greatest hunter in all of Ghost World." Tiny Skulker continued. "You will all fear me!" The tiny ghost clenched his hands into claws and was shaking a little bit in anger.

"Thermos, please?" Danny asked me and I smiled. I turned to Tucker, who pulled the thermos out from his backpack. He tossed it to me, and I pressed the button to activate it. Danny and I floated away from the beam and I kept the thermos pointed down and away from us. He let the tiny ghost in the beam of light.

"You haven't seen the last of me." Tiny Skulker said as he got sucked into the thermos. "I shall capture you all, you shall all be mine!" Once he was in, I closed the lid, and Danny set me down after he changed into his human form.

"Cool." He said, "Let's go home."

"But you didn't get anything you could use for your report!" Sam pointed out. "You're still going to get a D."  

"Oh, that's okay." Danny slouched and looked down at Tucker's PDA. "We stopped the bad guy, saved the gorilla. If that's all I got done, then that's - Oh my gosh!" Danny looked up as Sampson moved closer to him. He started going into shock, and I was afraid he was going to pass out right then.

~~~

"Brooding genius, Daniel Fenton did what no other researchers dared to do." Mr. Lancer announced to us in class that day. He was reading from the magazine that got published, and I looked over to my friends. "Got close enough to this rare, purple back gorilla to realize Sampson was actually...a Delilah." He lowered the magazine down and frowned. "Nobody at that zoo ever bothered to see if it was a boy or a girl?"

"That's weird, huh?" Danny asked. "Well, maybe they were respecting her privacy."

"Well, Fenton..." Mr. Lancer walked over with his essay and the magazine. "I have to admit, I'm impressed. You wanted to get your grade up so bad, you risk getting mauled by a gorilla. C." He placed the paper down and Danny stared at it in shock.

"I almost get killed by a gho- orilla, and all I get is a C?!" Danny asked, desperately.

"Life's a big mystery...Isn't it, Fenton?" Mr. Lancer asked. "Next time you wanna get your grade up, try the library."

We all approached Danny after class. "Well," I said. "It's better than a D, right?"

"Oh man, if only I had something I could take this out on!" Danny said, angrily and annoyed.

"I am the Box Ghost!" A voice bellowed, and I thought, "Perfect!"

"And once I empty you of your useless papers, your marvelous squareness shall be mine!" We all turned to him looming over Mr. Lancer's supplies. He laughed after that, and Danny smiled.

"Hello, misplaced aggression!" Danny said, changing into Danny Phantom once more.

"You've got 5 minutes." Tucker said, smiling.

"Which is four more than I'll need..." He mumbled, and launched himself at the Box Ghost, leaving me, Sam, and Tucker grinning at each other.