Chapter 15: Attack of the Killer Garage~

*Danny's POV*~

(Y/n) and I walked up to the kitchen after a long day of cleaning up ghost equipment in the basement. I found Dash in the kitchen next to my sister doing homework. "Hey, Jazz...!" I said, and felt (Y/n) bump into me. "Dash? What are you doing here?" I set my glass down on the table, and didn't realize it until now that my arm turned invisible at that moment. (Y/n) gasped as my arm fell straight through, creating a huge mess.

"Watch it, Fentonowski." Dash held up his fists at me, and I started backing away slowly.

"Sorry, we were just - uh...passing through!" I quickly grab (Y/n)'s arm along with me and we stumbled back down to the basement together. She closed the door behind us, and we escaped with our lives.

"Hey, Danny!" dad called out to me. "(Y/n)! Check out the latest invention your dad helped me out with. It's the ghost grabbing technology called The Ghost Weasel. It collects an amount of ghost energy and shoots it into the Ghost Zone!"

"Does it work?" (Y/n) asked, biting her lip.

"Why wouldn't it?" her dad said, even my dad was mad.

"Only one way to find out~" dad said and activated the Ghost Weasel. The machines started whirring and it started sucking in a bunch of papers around the lab. I looked over at (Y/n) who was covering herself from the flying papers, and I also covered my face with my arms. Then, we saw the Fenton Thermos get stuck inside the vacuum. (Y/n) and I gritted our teeth and panicked.

(Y/n)'s dad hurried over quickly to help pry the Thermos out of the thing. "Darn it." he said. "I guess we gotta get the Fenton Unlodger."

My dad handed (Y/n) the tube and she looked at me nervously. "I don't think this is such a good idea!" She said, as it started getting ready to pop out the Thermos, but they were already gone. "Couldn't you just put it into - Danny, wait!" I pressed the button to put it in reverse and (Y/n) backed up into me. I also held part of the tube and protected her. The Fenton Thermos popped out and hit the Ghost Portal button to open it. "Great job activating that, Danny." She snapped at me and we saw a ghost emerge from the Portal.

The ghost was laughing manically, and said, "Child!" he pointed to (Y/n). "You have freed me! Join me, Technus. Ghost master of science and electro-technology!"

"Oh no, you don't!" I shouted. I put (Y/n) behind me and I jumped into action. I changed into my ghost form and floated up to him. "You're not going to use the technology in this lab to take over the world and take her away from me!"

"What?" Technus said, looking around the room. "That's a great idea! Have you ever considered tutoring?" I rushed forward towards Technus, ignoring what he said to attack him. He pulled out a weapon out at me once I reached him, and it sent an electrical charge at me. I felt thousands of bolts rushing through my body and I was flying back to (Y/n).

"You know what?" I said, "I've already been dumped on once in my own house." (Y/n) tossed me the vacuum and I grabbed at it. "And I'm already being scolded at by (Y/n), that's enough for one day."

I turned on the Ghost Weasel, but once it started up, I was worried about the recoil from the invention. I manage to hold it, and I went up to Technus. I aimed the vacuum at him and he had no choice but to go inside. Once Technus was inside, the machine was starting to erupt, and started building up from the inside. "Uhm," (Y/n) started to say. "Danny...I think we need to-"

"(Y/n), run!" I shouted at her, and she hurried for the stairs as the machine popped. The ectoplasmic substance shot out everywhere, including the ghost lab equipment our parents were working on.

"Danny, (Y/n)!" A voice said. "We're coming back, and we can't wait to see the lab exactly as we left it!"

I flinched, and looked around for (Y/n). (Y/n) appeared from the staircase, worried. She didn't get any ecto-goo on her, which was good, but I rushed towards her and grabbed her quickly. I pulled her into my arms, carrying her bridal style, and as we turned invisible, I rushed us out of there.

~~~

*Y/n's POV*

"So, Saturday night plans." Sam said at the booth in the restaurant. "I'd say we hit the amusement park. I hear the new rollercoaster has a free fall that'll take three years off your life expectancy." 

"No way." Tucker said and we looked at him from across the table. "It costs forty bucks just to get in there. Not to mention food and stuff."

"Hey, if you're tapped out, I could lend you the cash."

"Lend, means repay, and repay is out of my reach. Right, Danny?"

I looked over to see Danny spaced out. "Danny..." I said. "Hello?"

We turned our heads to see a bunch of our other classmates gather around, and notice Dash hand out invites to everyone. "Great." Danny said. "It's the hottest party of the whole school year, and Paulina's going, and I'm not. Again."

Sam and I rolled our eyes. "I don't understand what you see in her." Sam said.

"Are you kidding, she's only like perfectly flawless." Danny said, averting his attention back to her. We looked at her body, her make up, and skin tone alone.

"You're right." I said, bitterly. "She's a goddess."

"Why don't we get invited to the really cool parties?" Tucker asked. "We've got style, charms, good looks. At least, I do anyway."

"Dream on. On the social circuit, we're as invisible as Danny in his ghost mode. Not that it'll matter five years from now..." I frowned at everyone. "We have each other...right?"

Danny looked at me surprised, until he was smacked in the face by Dash's hand. "Here." Dash snapped. "Your sister made me invite you." He took a look at us and notice we were waiting for one too. "Just. You." He pointed at Danny and the three of us minded our own business. "Show up, shut it, go home, and nobody gets hurt."

One of the girls from a different class walked over to us and waved to him, "Hey, Danny!" Danny's face started glowing, and I exchanged a look with Sam and Tucker.

Kwan, one of Dash's best friends hurried over to us too and cheered at him for joining the party. Paulina walked up behind us and I gripped my hands around the seats as she noted she was looking forward to seeing him this Saturday.

"I'm-I'm invited..." Danny said, staring at the invitation. "I've arrived!"

"Swell..." Sam said, "Send us a post card from popularityville."

"I will!"