Chapter 17: Danny Vs Technus

Hours later, Tucker had a game of twenty questions for Sam. At this point, I could've probably taken a nap, and they wouldn't even notice, but then I had a question. "I don't get it, Sam." I said. "With all this money, why do you hang out with me, Tucker, and Danny?"

"Yeah, if you flash a little bit of bling-bling, you'd be Miss Popularity!" Tucker agreed, throwing his hands in the air with exaggeration.

"I don't need popularity, guys." Sam said, folding her arms. "Especially not if I have to buy it."

"You should tell that to Danny..." I mumbled. "Can you believe people actually spent good money on the old junk in his parents' shed?"

"Well..." she smiled, and pulled out a remote from the garage sale. "I did snag this really cool remote for three bucks, and he did give Dash a pretty good deal on the computer stuff."

~~~

*Danny's POV*

"Okay, this is it. Don't screw it up." I said, walking up to Dash's front porch. I was so nervous, but I was ready to join the in-crowd. "Look out, world, here comes Danny Fenton!" I rang the doorbell. When Dash opened the door, I looked at him odd. He was wearing the exact same clothes I usually wear. "Uh...Dash?"

"Oh...right." Dash said, leaning against his door. "Right. You're not really part of my posse, so you didn't get the email. You see, after buying that computer stuff, I didn't have enough money to buy the sweat suits, so I changed the dress code to loser-chic."

I leaned over and frowned. Everyone who I didn't recognize at the party, dressed up as me, Tucker, Sam, and even (Y/n). Suddenly, I became lost in the crowd. "Oh, swell." I said, walking inside. Paulina walked up to me wearing (Y/n)'s clothing.

"You like it?" She asked happily. "It's so horrible, it's cool!" She looked at what I was wearing and let out a disgusted sound. "Eeck...who dressed you, your mom?"

I started to speak, but she walked away from me. I miss my friends already.

~~~

It was late, but we were finally watching the movie we were promised. I was sprawled out on the floor with the pillows while Sam and Tucker sat at the leather seats behind me, relaxed.

But then we were watching a scene playback several times that it was starting to sound like a broken record. "Hey guys." I said, "If you're wanting to watch a part over again, could you please tell me first? Or are you two just-"

"Us?" They said.

"You're the one messing with the remote." Tucker said.

"Oh, look at that, I do have the remote." I said with it in my hands. As I said that, the remote glowed emerald green and floated from my hands. "Hey, Sam? Do all your remotes do that?"

"No..." She said innocently. "Well, my toaster does, but it's from Denmark."

"That stuff Danny was selling must've been contaminated with ghost stuff!" I said.

I ducked when it fired a ghost ray at the popcorn machine plus the soda machine, making it all go haywire. We were trying to take cover to avoid getting messy.

Finally, we rushed out of Sam's place and followed the remote. "Looks bad." Tucker said as we saw all the equipment from Danny's garage sale fly overhead. "Probably a job for Danny Phantom."

"Probably." Sam said. "And if I wasn't so mad at your boyfriend, I'd probably care that it's going to interrupt his big jock party." We all smiled at the snide comment.

"Shall we?" I offered, and we hurried over to the scene.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*