Chapter 27: Haunted Houses

My dad hurried over with what looked like a proton pack from the Ghostbusters movie, but you know, maybe it is. "Look at that, (D/n)!" Mr. Fenton exclaimed, laughing. "The Fenton Foamer works like a charm!" I had my hand over my forehead as we looked at Tucker and Sam who fell.

"I know!" Mrs. Fenton said, walking over with the ghost tracker. Mom also had her own laptop to type in all of the data they collected.

"There was a ghost reading in this very room seconds ago, and now the room...is clean!" Mom said. "But how can that be?!"

"Speak for yourself..." Tucker grumbled, walking away with foam all over his shoulders. "If anybody needs me, I'll be at a different doorway every thirty-eight seconds."

Sam was also covered in foam, and Tucker grabbed her arm to pull her out of the mess. "Aren't they a little too old to be walking around in a stupid costume...?" Mr. Fenton whispered to his wife.

"Mom, dad?" Danny said and we walked over to them.

"Yeah, what are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Decontaminating the area, you two." Mrs. Fenton answered.

"You already know how those storms flare up on Halloween, (Y/n)." Mom said.

"This is all very riveting, and by riveting, I mean dull...with a capital D, but you guys need to leave before Lancer thinks you're helping me." Danny said.

"Lancer?" Mr. Fenton asked. "Hey, this isn't some sort of anti-detention project, is it?"

"No!" Danny reassured, and we walked over to them to get them out of the building. "No no no. (Y/n) and I are just finally starting to get interested in ghosts. Like our parents!"

"Finally!" Dad said.

"If I didn't consider a sign of weakness, I'd weep with joy!" Mr. Fenton started tearing up, and we started pushing them out of the building quickly. Once they were gone, Danny transformed again.

He floated overhead. "Decorated room..." He scoped out the area, and I smiled up at him. "Faked out parents. The only thing left to do is check out what Dash's lame theme is then spend the rest of the night gloating." He flew away and took the sword with him.

~~~

*Danny's POV*

I just wanted to take a peek. My head phased through the doorway and I looked around. The dummies he had were similar to mine, but all of them were tortured dummies lying on the ground. Weights were being used on several dummies. I looked to the side and saw a skeleton walking the treadmill, hung by threads.

Dash walked over, kicking a head of the skeleton away. He was dressed up as Frankenstein.

"The Spa of Doom." Mr. Lancer said, taking notes on his clipboard. "Very impressive, Mr. Baxter, and I must admit, your knowledge of audio animatronics technology is very impressive. What else do you have for me?"

"A twenty minute presentation about the horrors of Athlete's Foot!" Dash said, leading the way to the ride he had made.

I floated over to see a little more.

"Well, let's make it snappy. My guests arrive at midnight!" He said, and they took off in the tunnels.

"You will love the Tunnel of Fungus!" Dash said.

I felt depressed and turned visible. "Man...that's cool." I said, and the balloon in my hands deflated. "And man...that's not. I gotta do something fast or it's tighty-whities for dessert." I held up the balloon in my hand and I smiled to myself with an idea (Y/n) might not probably like.

I entered the Ghost Zone that evening, while everyone else was walking around trick-or-treating. I had the Ghost Zone Map in my hands and found the Fright Knight's castle right in front of me. "Desperate times calls for desperate measures." I said, and entered the window of the castle.

I landed at the bottom of the castle and saw how much ways away I had to get up to the top of the stairs. Better start now if I want to get back in time for the bet. I started flying maybe halfway through and started getting swung at with blades. I ducked in time to several of them. I detached myself from the lower half of my body, hoping that would work, but I ended up getting sliced at my chest.

I screamed out in pain and reattached myself.

I placed my hand on my body and removed green blood from my skin. "Right, rule number one: In the Ghost Zone, ghosts can be hurt." I reminded myself. I continued my way up the stair case, and tried to avoid the traps as much as I could. The door before me opened, and I jumped my way through it while avoiding another swinging blade.

I stood back up with my back against the door and saw a line of skeletons down the aisle. On both sides of the aisle, they each held pumpkins, with a staff sheathed up through it. Spikes on walls emerged, and the walls started to move in close.

I moved quickly to fly through before I got closed in shut, and said, "Wait a minute. That's right! Ghosts can be hurt here." I changed back to my human form and the walls sealed tight shut. I walked out with no harm done. "But humans have it made!"

There was a huge door up ahead a while later, and I knew that was the room to what I needed. Two skeletons laid on either side of the huge, purple pumpkin in the middle of the room. A wicked looking sword was imbedded inside.

I walked over and noticed there were several other skeletons in the room, lying about. The sword before me was glowing with an intense green color. My hand wrapped around the hilt, and I started to pull it. I was taken aback by how heavy the sword was, but then I managed to find the balance. I smiled to myself, "This place gives me the creeps." I held up the sword in my hands. "Which means, this will scare the pants off of Lancer!" I started to head home until I faced an army of skeletons before me.