Chapter 28: Fright Knight's Reign of Terror

"You guys need to eat more red meat." I said, after they attacked me. I changed back into my ghost form, and stroke a pose. I was thoroughly confused when the army of skeleton started bowing down. "Uh...that's right! You know badness when you see it."

I realized then that they weren't bowing down to me. I turned around to see a swirl of green mist come out from the purple pumpkin. It created a huge cloud, and lightning appeared around it. A ghost in a knight armor appeared and roared.

"Fool!" he spoke to me. "You have released me. Return to me, my sword. So my reign of terror can begin anew."

"I can bring the sword back by midnight," I said, "But the "reign of terror" is kind of a deal breaker."

"It was not a request, whelp." He launched himself at me. "It was a demand!"

I headed for the window after he struck a blow at the ground, missing me completely. I shot out a ghost ray at the window, and flew out, hurrying out of the Fright Knight's castle before anything else.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s pov*

"Where is he?" I asked, pacing around the room. I was worried out of my mind as time was nearing to an end. Sam was not surprised, and she tried to calm me down. She ended up coming back from the trick-or-treating with Tucker just to check up on us. "Does this happen a lot?"

"Well, before he got his powers?" She asked, "Not really."

"He's got like maybe how many minutes left before Mr. Lanc-" I started to say until I felt my ankle being grabbed. I ended up screaming in fear.

"You think that's scary?" Danny chuckled, appearing from behind. "Get a load of this, you two." He held up the sword of the Fright Knight and he was smiling from ear to ear.

Sam and I exchanged looks. "You went into the Ghost Zone and stole the Fright Knight's sword?" I asked, appalled.

"Stole, borrowed, semantics, (Y/n). You worry too much." He set the sword down which immediately glowed bright green. Danny pulled me away from it and the three of us watched a beam of light shoot out the rooftop. A storm cloud appeared over the abandoned place, and when the wind started picking up, Danny placed his arms around me to protect me.

"Ah, zombies!" we heard Dash yell from the room down the hall.

"Maybe I should get this thing back." Danny admitted.

"Mr. Fenton?" A voice said at the door, and we were all staring in shock. "(Y/n)? It's time."

I stood back up and hurried in front of Danny who changed back to normal at the time before Mr. Lancer could notice. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked over. "Right after Lancer judges my room! Besides, what's the worse that can happen?"

"Uh...Mr. Lancer?" Sam said, as three zombies etched forward. "I don't know if it's safe in here."

"That's right, Sam!" I said, and Danny hurried to shove them out of the room. I started to create a diversion, "Nothing is safe inside...Danny Fenton's...Uh." I looked at Danny for help.

He picked up a flashlight and shone it at his face for a spooky effect. "Danny Fenton's Room of Doom!" He announced, and raised his arms up in the air. "Enter if you dare."

I sighed as he turned on the tapes to make a thundering sound. He reached over to turn on the lights to let it flicker over Mr. Lancer's head. Then, Danny released the fishing net to drop the rubber spiders around him. Mr. Lancer squeezed one of them and it made a squeaking sound. "I'll have you know, I don't fall cheap theatrics. I don't scare easily." I elbowed Sam next to me who also saw the real-live giant, ghost spider behind him. Danny looked up in fear, and Mr. Lancer started writing notes down. "But you're off to a promising start." He said happily.

Danny chuckled nervously, "All part of the show."

Later on, everything in the room was affected by the storm and turned into monsters. Mr. Lancer and Sam were trapped in a spider web and Mr. Lancer said, "This has potential... Sticky, gross...I like it!"

"Danny, you might want to end this before things spin out of control!" I said, and more winds picked up.

"I will, as soon as Lancer declares me the winner!" He said, missing the point of the dire situation.

"Okay, I'm mildly impressed." Mr. Lancer continued with the contest. "A few more surprises, and you might have this thing wrapped up."

"Yes!" Danny cheered. "I'll take, "Mildly impressed". That's my cue to clean up." He looked down and saw the Fenton Foamer down below. He took it and shot it at the ghost spider, turning it back to a rubber one. I closed the door before a group of skeletons walked in, but they started pushing the door back. Danny looked at me and threw me the Fenton Foamer. "(Y/n), catch!"

The skeletons forced the door open on me, managing to knock me off my feet. I yelped, but got ready to aim the Fenton Foamer at the skeletons. They all turned back to stuffed skeletons in front of me. I walked over to Danny and smiled with him.

"See, (Y/n)?" He asked, "I told you I had everything under control."

"We still have to save Sam and Mr. Lancer though." I mentioned.

"We've got enough Fenton Foamers to keep those two safe." Danny took the Foamer from me, and aimed it. "As soon as he says the words, 'Danny wins'-" The giant ghost rat turned into a chair and settled back down on the ground. "I'll toss the sword back into the Ghost Zone."

From above, the ceiling collapsed and we gasped. We saw the Fright Knight in shining armor and a ghost horse flying down to us. Tucker was in the seat with him. "Hmm..." Mr. Lancer said, "That's one fancy, flaming robot!"

"Danny!" Tucker exclaimed. "Whatever you do, don't let him get the sword!"

"Silence, whelp!" Fright Knight shouted. He tossed him away from the seat and Tucker landed at the webs. Tucker was placed right in between Sam and Mr. Lancer.

He smiled at Sam, "Hi, come here often?"

She scowled at him.

"Tucker!" I said, and I used the Fenton Foamer as a distraction, but the Fright Knight shot it out of my hands and I snatched my hands back in surprise.

"My sword..." Fright Knight said. "At last!" We watched as him and Danny raced for it on the other side of the room. Danny grabbed the hilt of the blade first, but the Fright Knight was stronger than him enough to pull him and the sword off the ground.

The Fright Knight started swinging him around to get him off. "That's certainly exciting..." Mr. Lancer said. "But is it scary?"

The Fright Knight backed up towards the three trapped in the webs. When he turned to swing Danny around, the sword sliced through Mr. Lancer. "Lancer?!" Danny called out, and got lifted again.

"Danny, where did he go? What did you do to him?" I asked the Fright Knight as Danny lifted up the cocoon he was trapped in.

"I sent him to where all who feel the sting of my blade are sent." He answered, lifting his sword up. "A dimension to where all his worst fears come to life."

Danny, next to me, threw away the cocoon and cheered. "Yes!" He shouted, and I gaped at him while Sam and Tucker were still trapped behind us. "This contest is so mine!"

I sent a glare at him. "Danny!" I snapped. "You've got to stop doing that."

"Uh..." he finally said, snapping out of his ego. "Bring him back, you fiend!" Danny left my side to go ghost and rushed at the Fright Knight who swiped him backwards into me. We both fell backwards.

"Listen to the sound of your doom." Fright Knight said walking towards us. "Soon, my storm shall consume this planet. The world shall be forever transformed and no one can stop me!"

"Not if I can help it!" Danny said, and helped me back up. Once I was up, he was gone. I heard the clang of the armor he rushed into and grunted in pain. Danny fell back down in front of me again. "...Which apparently, I can't." I helped him up on his feet, but then I looked up to see the sword about to slice through the both of us. We both grimaced.

"Danny, (Y/n)!" Tucker said, climbing out of the webs with Sam. "Look out!"

Tucker and Sam ran in front of us and both ended up getting sliced. They disappeared before our eyes, and we were left helpless. "Tucker!" We shouted. "Sam, no!"