Chapter Eight: Shallow Witches

*Danny's POV*

When the two girls logged off, I glanced at Tucker. "Sam and (Y/n) really wants to go to the dance." I said.

"But she said she and Sam didn't want to!" Tucker said.

"We're their best friends...We should've known."

Tucker also looked gloomy and said, "Well, there's nothing we can do about it now, right?"

I thought about it once and smiled at him. My eyes glowed green and he shook his head. "No way. Forget it. Absolutely not. NO!"

Moments later, we arrived at Sam's house. I knew (Y/n) would already be there by now. Sam opened up the door, and we saw it was just her. "Tucker?" She said. "What are you doing here? Where's Valerie?"

"She kind of canceled on me." I said in Tucker's body, and Sam's eyes widened. (Y/n) popped out from behind her, wondering what the confusion was about. She tilted her head. "Do you both think we can go together? Y'know, as friends?"

(Y/n) politely declined the offer, and I saw how sad she looked. Sam, on the other hand, had second thoughts. "Uh, I don't know..." Sam said, nervously. "This is so last minute. (Y/n) and I have plans, and-"

"Well, I understand if you don't wanna go-"

"Okay!" Sam said happily. She looked at (Y/n) who was happy for her. "Only because you got stood up. I'll go change into that dumb dress I wasn't going to wear! (Y/n) come on, I don't want you to be left out, come join me, and anyway, you already brought your dress over!"

"Sam!" (Y/n) harshly whispered and Sam smiled. She closed the door on us, and I floated out of Tucker's body.

"See ya!" I said with a salute, and saw Tucker raising a fist at me.

"That is so unfair!" Tucker said. "And as soon as (Y/n) and Sam comes back, I'm gonna-!" Once the door opened, they both came out in their gowns. I took a quick glance towards them and blushed, but I had to get going to get my dance partner.

Tucker smiled big and saw how beautiful they looked. "Come on, we're going to be late, guys!" Sam cheerfully said. She grabbed both of their arms and they hurried away.

~~~

At the school dance, I went over to the punch table and grabbed a couple of glasses, and handed one over to Paulina. I glanced at her amulet, and said, "Paulina, I was thinking...That amulet-?"

"Isn't it fabulous?" She smiled at me, and I was taken aback from how gorgeous she looked. "I haven't taken it off since you gave it to me."

"Yeah, well-" I stammered. "A-about that, see, I shouldn't have given it to you in the first place, because..." I caught (Y/n)  Sam, and Tucker off the corner of my eyes and I knew they were listening in on the conversation. (Y/n)looked at me with a smile and waved. "It belongs to (Y/n)!" When I said that, the dragon within Paulina roared, and her dragon tongue reached into her punch. She slurped it up angrily, and cracked the glass cup in her hands. I should've known better. I offered her my drink. "Uh, but I wanna make it up to you." I said as she took my drink. Paulina narrowed a glare at me. "I'll get you something else? Something more special?"

"Mr. Fenton!" I overheard Mr. Lancer say. "About our conversation concerning Danny the other day..." I looked over and saw my dad looking at me concerned.

My eyes widened in fear. "Like punch! I'm going to get you some special punch!"

Paulina's eyes were closed and she fell silent. I ran away to overshadow my dad and felt her eyes dagger. "Yes, Danny, what a fine boy he is!" I made my dad say. "Yes, as his father, I get that all the time." I chuckled, and mom looked at me odd.

"Jack, you sound kind of strange." She said, frowning.

"Oh, it must be something I ate." I looked over to the punch bowl. "Oh, hey! How about I get us some punch?!" I started hurrying over in my dad's body over to my friends. "(Y/n), Tucker, Sam? We've got trouble."

"We had nothing to do with it, Mr. Fenton, it was all Danny's idea!" Tucker said.

"Tucker, it's me. It's Danny." I harshly whispered, and handed them each walkie talkies. "(Y/n), you help me try to find Paulina. Tucker, Sam, keep an eye on my dad. If he starts talking to anyone, page me, got it?" I hurried away to go back to my mom and Mr. Lancer.

As I left, I heard Sam say, "This dance gets better and better with every passing minute." I looked back and saw (Y/n)leaving to the front of the gym to go investigate with Sam going to the opposite side of the gym, leaving Tucker by himself.

~~~

*Y/n's POV*

I turned around and saw Paulina entering the gym, and clicked on the walkie talkie. "Danny, I've got her." I said.

"Stay on her, (Y/n)." he paged back. "I'm on my way. A-And (Y/n)? Don't make her angry."

I gaped at the walkie talkie and started feeling ticked off all over again, but I needed to help out my friends. I decided to follow Paulina into the girl's bathroom where she was fixing her hair. "Hey, Paulina." I said, putting on a fake smile. "Nice dress." I pinched myself after the fake compliment.

"Yes, and it goes nicely with your amulet." She turned around and placed her hand on it. "Don't you think?"

"My amulet?" I asked. "That's not my-" I tilted my head in confusion, and realized that it must've been Danny covering it. "Right. Listen. It was a family heirloom, and-"

"Forget it, sweetie." Paulina interrupted me rudely. I wished that Sam were here to back me up. "I'm not giving up this trinket, or your little boyfriend Danny."

"My who now?" I asked her surprised. I laughed at her. "Danny is not my boyfriend."

She looked at me unfazed. "He's not?"

"He's my best friend." I walked up to her, and started to reconcile with her. "Ever since I've moved here a month or so ago, we've just been neighbors. Maybe that's why I've been so hard on you. Sam and I didn't mean to call you "shallow"."

"What a bummer!" She said, disappointingly.

"Huh?" I asked, crossing my eyebrows in confusion.

"I only agreed to go out with him because I thought I was stealing him from you!" She admitted. "Here." Paulina walked up to me and removed her amulet. She placed it around my neck, and I was so angry at her, that the power from the amulet heightened it. "Take your crummy amulet. I'm going back inside to dump your dorky friend."

I started shaking, out of frustration, and found myself not me anymore as I started changing physically. I noticed that the amulet started glowing, and I lost control. "Shallow little witch!" I roared and ended up blacking out.