Chapter 25: Emotions Intertwined

"Well, once his father is out of the way, we'll see how the two of you feel for each other." Vlad said, and he disappeared, creating his own portal. I remained quiet once he was gone.

"You know he's just saying this to throw the both of us off, right?" Danny asked me.

I looked at him, skeptically. "How do you know?" I asked. "How can I tell our friendship isn't a lie? Think about it, Danny. There's no way it's just a coincidence...right?"

"Are you kidding, you're going to listen to him? He's manipulating the both of us, trying to get us to turn on each other, and ruin our friendship."

"Is it really friendship?"

Danny thought about it once, and looked around, trying to find an answer, but he couldn't. "I mean, do you think it is?"

"You wouldn't understand, even if I told you how I feel." I said, truthfully. "Plus, Vlad's right, who knows what feelings you have for me. In the end, it's just going to hurt us both."

He frowned, and I felt like I was hurting what could have been between us both. I decided to drop the conversation anyways and I tried to help him out of the Spectral Neutralizer. I tried to pull on it, and ended up getting shocked back. "Well, gosh and golly!" A voice said, making me jump. "It looks like you could use a speck of help there, don't you know?"

"Hey!" Danny said, "You're the Dairy King! Oh great, what are you going to do? Suffocate me with Limburger? Strangle me with Swiss? Or-"

The Dairy King laughed, and pointed his staff at the open button on the side. "Hang on." I said, facepalming myself. "Had that button been there this entire time?!"

"You let me go?" Danny wondered, kicking the little box away. "Well, thank you, but why?"

"Well, not all ghosts are evil, right? Some of us just wants to be left alone there." The Dairy King asked, and then he turned to me.

"Will you help me fight Plasmius?!" Danny asked, excitedly.

"I'm the Dairy King, kiddo!" He said. "Kings don't fight. They send other people to fight for them!" Then the Dairy King floated towards me. "You know yourself that there are those that fight for you too, like this young fellow here, right? I overheard the conversation from earlier, don't let anything cloud your feelings. This is Loyalty 101 here, don't you both know? Try the Gouda, it's dairy fresh!" He floated away, leaving me and Danny smiling at each other again.

"Hey, Danny, I just wanted to-" I started to say nervously.

"Jack!" his mom started to scream in fear.

"Dad!" Danny yelled. "We'll have to talk later, let's go!" Danny grabbed me and pulled me alongside him. He jumped in the air and transformed into his ghost form. He carried me and we flew away from the lab quickly.

"If you live to tell the tale, just remember that big, fat Jack Fenton did this to you!" Vlad spat out. He was causing chaos inside the room, and we phased through the wall together.

"Guess again, Cheesehead!" Danny said. He set me down gently, away from harm's way, and he phased right through his dad. I watched as he pushed Vlad's ghost out of his dad's body with extreme force.

Mr. Fenton sat back down and said, "Nobody uses Jack Fenton as a puppet!"

~~~

*Danny's POV*

We phased through the reading room, and fought each other. "Daniel, stop." Vlad said. "Think about the things I could show you. The doors I could open for you. You, Danny Phantom and I, Vlad Plasmius! Together, we could rule." He clenched his hand into a fist in satisfaction.