Chapter Eleven: Sampson

We arrived at the cage where Sampson, the gorilla, stayed and I started feeling fidgety as Sam walked up to the gorilla. "Sam..." I said. "We shouldn't be here."

She ignored me, of course, and said, "What is it, you wonderous being?" It was like the gorilla wanted to communicate with us. I looked at the gorilla and thought something was wrong as he made so much noise that could wake the other animals up. I walked up beside Sam, and jumped when the gorilla leaped on the side of the cage. He looked at me and pointed to the other side.

"Something wrong?" She asked, and the gorilla hurried over to the door.

"You want out?" I asked confused. Sam pulled me along and we exchanged a look together. After a minute pondering, Sam hit the button on the machine that said, "Open". Sampson scurried out of the cage, snarling, and I covered my mouth in surprise as it headed away.

A voice nearby said, "What? A gorilla attacking?"

I heard a crash nearby, and we heard Sampson tearing apart something. Something machinery. Sam and I watched in horror as they fought all the way to the top of the watchtower.

~~~

"Oh my gosh, (Y/n)-!" Sam screamed as soon as we arrived at the watch tower. It was unbelievable. We didn't realize that Sampson was attacking a ghost, and the ghost landed right next to Danny and Tucker! We wanted to save them, but as soon as she opened the door, I hurried inside only to get an ecto-plasmic substance covering my mouth. My screams were halted by it and I placed my hands over the substance, trying to rip it off.

"Now, for the ghost child..." the ghost said, and loomed over Danny and Tucker.

We watched as the gorilla leaped in from the window. He shoved the ghost against the wall, and the computers spread out onto the floor. Sampson ended up bringing the ghost's head down to the table as he snarled some more. Sampson had the upper hand until the ghost threw him off.

Sampson rolled off to the windows, and tried to run back to the ghost, but of course, the ghost had to turn invisible.

As he disappeared into the walls, Sampson was pounding at it, trying to break through.

That was when Danny and Tucker stood up, waking up in alarm; screaming at what was happening. They finally noticed they were holding each other and screamed at each other. They turned to the gorilla and also screamed at that, too.

"Gorilla, loose!" Tucker panicked.

"I-I got him!" Danny yelled, "I'm going ghost!"

Danny transformed into his ghost form, and we were all watching in shock. Sampson saw Danny and started running away in fear, but Danny grabbed him by the arms, flying him back to his cage. "Alright," Danny said, "I don't know how you got out, but you're going back!"

He tossed Sampson back through the cage and flew out to shut the door close on the machine. "Danny," I started to say as the three of us catch up to him. "I meant to tell you, there was a gho-"

"I wonder who let the gorilla go?" Danny furiously asked, and glared at me, "...(Y/n)?"

My jaw dropped and I stammered. "How- what- Why is it my fault?!"

"Yeah!" Tucker agreed, "Wait til we tell everyone at school that you let out a four-hundred pound gorilla?"

Sam and I exchanged looks as I pouted. This was so totally unfair being scolded by something that was unintentionally my fault. If anything, Sam's responsible! It was her fault for making me go down there! I held up the photo of the two of them hugging together in their sleep in revenge. "Or...we could just keep it our little secret!" Danny suggested with a smile.

"Yeah!" Tucker exclaimed. "We really have no proof that (Y/n) did it, you know..."

"No..." Danny laughed nervously.

~~~

*Third person pov*

"A few more questions, Maddie..." Connie, a journalist from the Genius Magazine, said. The woman held up her tape recorder out towards her. Her husband and daughter sat next to her for support. "Can you tell our readers what you're working on now?"

Maddie was about to reply until her husband cut through. "Well it's called the Ghost Gabber!" Jack Fenton said. "(Y/n's) parents helped us design this one. And-!"

"Dad!" Jazz scolded at him. "Put that thing away!" She faced Connie nervously and said, "She's actually working on a new form of self-generating energy! She's an amazing, intelligent woman who's about to change the world!"

"Connie," Maddie said, smiling. "My primary focus these days is ghost hunting." Connie was shocked at what was said. "We're a family of ghost hunters. Our new neighbors who recently moved in have been teaming up with us as ghost researchers. They provide the research, and we provide the catching! I'm hoping their daughter and my son get together to continue to follow our paths as ghost hunters."

The journalist was speechless, and the door opened before she could answer. Danny, (Y/n), along with Sam and Tucker walked in through the doorway. Maddie looked at her son, who looked dreadfully exhausted. She glared at him, "Danny, (Y/n), look at you two! I'm not sure I like this overnight zoo research..."

"Mom, come on!" Danny complained, but then smiled at her reassuringly. "We're just a bunch of kids...in the zoo, at night. Alone." The rest of the kids frowned with how badly he convinced them. "We'll be in my room."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Fenton!" (Y/n)said. "Danny and I planned on getting plenty of rest. My parents already know I'm over here, and they know about the situation as well. They think I should stay and rest, too, if that's alright with you. So. don't you worry!"

They walked away and suddenly the machine that Jack created to track ghosts near by with the sound of their voices said, "We'll be in my room...Fear me!"

"Give me that!" Jazz shouted, snatching it away. She shoved it underneath a pillow, "Now...where were we?" She sheepishly smiled at the journalist.