Chapter 20: Suspicion

*(Y/n)'s POV)*

My parents ran up beside us with Mr. and Mrs. Fenton and Lancer. "Is it true?!" Danny's mom asked me. "(Y/n), did you three witness a ghost attack?"

"Mom, dad?!" I said in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

Dad had a pair of gloves on just like the ones Mr. Fenton was wearing. It looked like they made a new invention together. "Fear not, young ones!" Mr. Fenton said.

"These gloves are made for grabbing!" Dad announced. Both of their fists were raised and they had electricity emitting around the gloves. Tucker gasped as we noticed Danny appearing from the ground like it was nothing. He elbowed me and I looked at him. I followed the direction his eyes were looking at and I suppressed a sound.

I hurried over and placed my back against Danny. He looked at me unfazed and phased back to normal. I tried my best to cover him. "Uh...No ghost here, mom and dad." I said as Danny placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Only a girl trying to create a diversion for her own needs..." Mr. Lancer said, and I smiled.

I looked at Tucker and Sam helplessly. "Right, right..." Sam said.

"No ghost here, Mr. and Mrs. F!" Tucker said. "(Y/n)'s just trying to protect Danny. That's all." I glared at him and he winked at me.

The five of them hurried off to find the ghosts together.

"Watch it, Danny!" Tucker harshly whispered.

"Yeah..." I said, turning to face him. "Our parents almost caught your intangible act."

As we walked down the hallway, Danny started acting weird. "Spiffy diddly dee, man." He cheered. "So this is what it's like having friends."

"You sure you're alright, Danny?" Sam asked, exchanging a concerned look with me.

Danny kept looking at me odd, and Tucker interrupted him. "Danny?" he called out to him. I didn't notice until now that he was looking at me like I was the most beautiful thing ever.

"Oh, me?" He finally came back down to earth. "Yeah, right. I'm right, like Ike, Mike."

I looked at him questionably. "Why does your voice sound so weird?" I asked, ignoring the fact that he was still staring at me.

"Uh....puberty?"

"What happened to Pointdexter?" Tucker asked.

"Oh, that square?" Danny asked. "He flew the coop. Permanent-like."

Tucker and Sam walked over to me and I was still not sure if this is the Danny I knew. We watched him walking over to Dash and he places his hand through a soda machine. He was messing with the machine and a soda can came out. Dash smiled and drank from it. "Thanks, Fenton." Dash said.

"Eh, no problemo." Danny said.

Dash looked at me confused, "Is your boyfriend going through therapy?" I rolled my eyes at him. "Uh, you know...I'm a little tight on quarters. Think you can get a few more sodas for me and my pals?"

He chuckled and said, "You betcha!"

"Danny...That's stealing." Sam said.

"I'm sure that poor kid lost more than his fair share of quarters to the vicious bullies of this school." Danny said to us. He grabbed a handful of sodas into his arms and walked away from us. "It's time somebody learned the score." We watched as he tossed a can to everyone that was around waiting. "Hey, everybody! Egg creams on me!"

"I don't know what the heck an egg cream is, but thanks!" Kwan said.

"Well, this is new..." Sam said to me and Tucker.