Chapter 26: Fright Knight

It's been a couple months since we took our family trip to Wisconsin. That was fun. I didn't really talk to my parents about their plans with Vlad Masters as that was a conversation between him and them. Instead, Danny and I headed back to our routine at school with Sam and Tucker.

When we got back, it was Danny's parents anniversary. His dad accidentally forgot about his 18th anniversary with Mrs. Fenton, and she was so angry at him that she went to stay at her sister's house. My parents and I kept Danny and Jazz company while his parents tried to fix things.

Danny ended up using the Specter Speeder by accident while his parents argued. It was a vehicle that can travel through the Ghost Zone. Apparently, that one's been mapped out for a while by Mr. Fenton. My dad had no part in it this time. Danny encountered a ghost called Walker in the Ghost Zone, who told Danny he was trespassing through illegally, which didn't make any sense.

Lets just say Danny ended up going to Ghost Jail because he went back through the same route to find his mom's present, knowing Walker was there, and he arrested him.

Weeks later on, we dealt with a Ghost named Ember, who was the one that forced me and Danny into a relationship. She was a hard-rock, musician who was very power-hungry, and used her guitar to her advantage on spells. The Fenton Phones that Danny gave me to communicate with him filtered out those spectral noise. I wasn't affected by one of the spells when I kept those on. Danny followed me like a lost puppy everywhere, and showed so much affection that it weirded me out.

Sam and Tucker were under the influence of studying for at least twelve hours at school because those two were already under Ember's charm. We managed to break the spell casted on them. They noticed Danny was admiring me the entire time. "It's about time!" Sam exclaimed.

"Yeah, we always knew you two lovebirds would end up together." Tucker said.

"You knew?!" I shrieked. Okay, maybe Sam knew, but that was because me and her talked about everything!

I had to break Danny's heart at the concert later that evening by kissing Dash - which by the way, was the worst thing I've ever had to do, and we had to take a moment to talk about our feelings. We ended up feeling the same way for each other, but we figured it wasn't the time to continue it just yet. We thought maybe if things change after Christmas, we could think things through. We're still just high school freshmen after all.

Another week past, and we were able to continue like normal. Danny and I were able to act as if nothing happened, but Jazz was worried about Danny, so they ended up having a psychiatrist named Penelope Spectra come to the school. In the end, she was just a ghost who absorbed everyone's happiness during Casper's Spirit Week.

And so came Halloween.

It was my favorite time of the year. Mr. Lancer was hosting a Haunted House in an abandoned building ways away from school against our gym teacher, Mrs. Tetslaff. Everyone was decorating the school hallways, minding their own business until Danny and Dash got into a fight.

"Welcome aboard Team Lancer, gentlemen." Sam, Tucker, and I were standing by listening in on the conversation. "Scariest room avoids detention." Mr. Lancer leaned in towards Dash and pointed at him. "Football star or not." Dash tried to use the excuse that he was one but that didn't work this time for him.

"Scary haunted house?" Danny turned to look at us. "This is great! I am going to totally, kick his butt." He folded his arms with pride.

"You think so, Fentons-o-fun?" Dash asked and Danny winced. "How about a little side bet?"

"Sure." Danny agreed. "If I win, you have to run through the school parking lot in your underwear."

"Okay..." Dash grinned at him. "And when you taste defeat, you have to eat these!" He pulled out a week's old underwear that was torn apart and I covered my nose so fast before I could smell the stench of it. Sam, Tucker and I all screamed.