Chapter 24: The Truth About the (L/n)'s

It was the day of the reunion, and we were all dressed up. Well, except for Jazz. We found her in the screening room at the castle. "Jazz, aren't you coming to the reunion?" I asked.

"What, and watch a bunch of old fossils pogo to new wave music?" Jazz asked us. "Pass. Did you two know that the Packers won the very first superbowl?"

"Whatever..." Danny said, and we walked away.

We followed our parents into the area where everyone crowded by the drinks/food on the table. Mr. Fenton tried to see if he could recognize some of his classmates and he did. "Hey, Harriet!" Mr. Fenton said, and we watched as she almost choked on her food.

"Jack...Maddie..." she said, to be polite. She walked over in her green outfit. "How nice..."

"Danny, (Y/n)!" Mr. Fenton said, wrapping his arm around the both of us. "Meet Harriet Chin, she's a big shot reporter for the Milwaukee journal now, but back in my college days, she was just Harri! Harri Chin!" He started laughing at his own joke. "Get it?!"

"I'm really sorry, Harriet..." Mrs. Fenton said off to the side. Mom and Dad were standing near them.

"Sweetie, you married him." Harriet said. "You should be."

Suddenly, a song came on the song that was not something we recognized and found it really strange. "Hey, it's my song!" Mr. Fenton said, grabbing his wife. "Come on, let's pogo!" He came back to grab my parents along too. "I'll show you how we did pogo'd back then!"

They were all screaming, running away, leaving me and Danny standing by. "I'm officially mortified." I said.

"What took so long?" Harriet asked me, as she walked over.

~~~

Later that evening, Danny and I were bored out of our minds, sitting by the table by our lonesome. We didn't want to watch what they danced to back in the days anymore. It was just downright embarrassing, but it looked like my parents had fun, I guess. "Well, son, you're looking much better." Vlad came up to us all of a sudden. "I was wondering if you both could do me a huge favor?"

"Oh sure, Mr. Masters." Danny said, smiling big. "But call me Danny. "Son" is what my dad calls me."

"Oh yes, yes, of course." He said. "Now, could you go to my lab, second door on the right upstairs. There's a present up there for your father that I'd like you to bring down?"

"Okay, let's go, (Y/n)!" I nodded and we headed out of the reunion room.

~~~

When we went to his lab, the door slid open automatically for us. "Present?" I said. "Do you see a present anywhere?"

He shrugged and walked over to a photo on the counter. "Hey." Danny said, and took out something from his tuxedo once he picked up the photo of his parents with Vlad. "Wait a minute." I looked over his shoulder to see what he was doing and saw a photo of Mr. Fenton's face ripped out. The one Danny had matched the corner. "Oh no..." Danny started backing up into me. "No way..." He stopped in place and started to turn into Danny Phantom again.

"Danny!" I said as a couple of ghosts grabbed my arms and pulled me off the ground from him.

They flew me away and Danny came after me. "Let go of her!" He said, and kicked them away from me. I started to fall until he caught me. "Those ghosts...those were the first ghosts I've fought!"

"And they're not alone!" A familiar voice said. I managed to find a net flying at us and Danny pushed me back. I watched him get captured and zapped from the inside.