Chapter Nine: Feelings

*Danny's POV*

"Paulina? (Y/n)?" I whispered in front of the bathrooms. I looked around and didn't see them anywhere. I peeked inside the girl's bathroom and saw the roof collapsed. I hurried inside and saw the dragon flying away. Immediately after, I changed into my ghost form, and flew after it.

Once I caught up to the dragon, I pushed down hard on it, and it plummeted down to the football field. The ground shook tremendously, and I landed on the ground as well. "Take it easy, Paulina." I said. "You don't wanna hurt (Y/n)."

I noticed Paulina was passed out, the dragon held her captive, and I took a double look. "Paulina?" I realized. "(Y/n)?!"

"Shallow girl!" (Y/n) stood up on her hind legs and roared.

"Yep, that's (Y/n)." I said. (Y/n) breathed green fire at me and I didn't have any time to move out of the way, so I turned myself invisible. I looked at the watch I was lent and saw it already recording everything on the fight. Once the fire dispersed, I became visible. "Whoa, two words, (Y/n): breath mints." I flew back up and took Paulina from harm's way. (Y/n) roared again at me, and I was about to smile, being able to escape, but then (Y/n) appeared in front of us. Her tail whipped at my face and I flew backwards. I turned invisible along with Paulina to phase through the benches and hit my back against the metal fences.

Dash was there, trying to hit on another girl. "So, do you like quarter backs?"

They stared at me in shock when we fell down to the ground. "Uh, sorry." I apologized and (Y/n) picked up a section of bleachers which caused Dash and the other girl to run away screaming. (Y/n) tossed the section away, and I stared at her in surprise. "Now, (Y/n)? Be reasonable!"

The walkie talkie beeped at me and I picked it up. "Danny, Lancer's getting close to your dad!" Tucker said.

"I hate to do this, (Y/n)!" I said, and flew behind her. I picked up her tail and lifted her up with all my strength. I swung her around to fling her away from the school grounds. I smiled, and then realized I was forgetting something. "Oh man, Dad!"

I arrived just in time, but mom and Mr. Lancer were already starting to look mad. "Right right." I said, trying to figure out what to say to elevate the stress. "I'm sorry." I wrapped my hand around mom's shoulder. "It's just in this light, I thought you're George Clooney! Isn't he sharp, mom- I mean, Maddie?"

"Well..." Mr. Lancer said, impressed. "Thank you!"

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to dance with my wife. That's what we adults do. Dance with our wives." I ended up taking her away from Mr. Lancer after that.

I phased out of dad and flew outside of the school after I had my mom distracted and saw (Y/n) coming back for Paulina. She started to breathe fire at me again and I dodged several times. "I hate to say this, but you throw fire like a girl!" I said with a grin. Unfortunately, the reaction on her face was not what I expected. I brought out the ghost fishing net and activated it. "The Fenton Fisher. It can capture ghosts and dragon ghosts!" I tossed the line at her and trapped her completely. "Way to go, dad!" I tightened the line once I've finished and let go of the fishing rod. (Y/n) roared helplessly, falling back down to the fields.

She was unable to fly again and grab at me. Instead, I finally finished the job by removing the amulet from (Y/n). I watched as (Y/n) started returning to normal and she looked around, terrified. "(Y/n)?" I asked, changing back to normal too. "Are you alright?"

"Wow..." she said, placing a hand over her forehead. She felt dizzy and I held on to her. "Did I have fun at the dance?"

I chuckled. "Well, let's just say you had a roaring time."

Later that evening, the four of us gathered in the middle of the gym, and everyone started to leave the school dance. "Dude, sorry your date didn't pan out." Tucker said. "Where is Paulina anyway?"

We looked over to see Dash trying to hit on her, too, but she was highly unimpressed.

"Awh, who cares." Sam said. "Look, the DJ is still playing, and I think you two still have time for one last dance." She elbowed (Y/n) who's been looking down at the floor all this time. (Y/n) looked up at her and realized that Tucker and Sam were giving her a thumbs up. She blushed and ended up glancing at me. I smiled at her.

She didn't have to say anything, so instead I offered her my arm. (Y/n) nodded at me and placed her hand around it. I gave Tucker and Sam the amulet. "Keep an eye on this, would you?" I asked. They both nodded in agreement and smiled at us as we walked away. (Y/n) looked nervous as she looked back to try to say something at the other two, but she decided to just go with it too.

"Promise me you'll keep your pants up?" she asked as I started to lead the dance.

"I'll do my best." I said, confidently. However, while we were dancing, I started having some strong connection that I didn't notice before. It was directed to my heart, and I wasn't sure how to explain it, much less know how to explain it to (Y/n).