Chapter 29: The Sword Must Sheathe in Pumpkin Near

Danny floated upwards and fired a green ghost ray at the Fright Knight who rushed us. He knocked the ghost ray out of the ray, and it ended up hitting Danny. He was knocked into one of the walls. "Doesn't anything work on this guy?" Danny asked.

I grabbed the book where Sam dropped and I opened it up. "There must be something in this book that tells us how to beat him!" I hurried to flip through the pages. I stopped flipping through the pages as a shadow loomed over me. I looked up in fear. 

"Perhaps." The Fright Knight said to me. "But you will never find it!" 

"(Y/n)!" Danny said, placing his hands on my shoulders to turn me invisible but the book. I winced as he pulled me against him. 

"Darn it!" I said, as we flew away from the Fright Knight. "Apparently, Sam told me the book store has a "no return" policy."

We landed behind a chair while the Fright Knight was distracted. "I'm so sorry." Danny apologized, letting me go. "I wanted to win so bad, but not this bad."

I placed a hand on the side of his face and said, "Stop beating yourself up over it, and start beating him." The two of us looked over the chair to see what the Fright Knight was up to. "It's the only way to get Sam, Tucker, and Lancer back safe, and get everything back to normal."

Danny flew away and we split up. I was flipping through the scattered pages on the ground, and heard Danny scream. I felt a rush of wind and saw him being tossed away from me. "Come on..." I muttered. "Show me a weakness. A vulnerability. Anything?" I gasped and saw the page that gave me an answer. "To cease the storm, to end the fear, the sword must sheathe in pumpkin near." I looked around for Danny. "Danny! You've got to put the sword back in a pumpkin!"

"A pumpkin?" He asked me, holding up a grandfather clock over his shoulder. He threw it down at the Fright Knight. "There are no pumpkins in the room..!" 

"It's Halloween, what are you thinking?!"

"What am I, an idiot?" he cursed at himself.

"You have to find another pumpkin fast." I said, waving the sheet of paper at him. "That's the only thing that can stop the sword's power!"

In the back corner of the room, Danny saw the pumpkin bowl that Tucker brought in. The Fright Knight got back up, and wrapped his hand around Danny whole. They both rose up out of the building and fought outside. 

"Strike six, way to whiff, Mr. October!" I heard Danny yell from above. I winced as they both fell through the ceiling again. 

"Come on, Danny..." I rooted. "You can do it!" 

They exchanged several blows at each other until Danny slapped both hands at the blade of the sword, stopping it from slicing at him. "To cease the storm..." Danny recited. "To end the fear, the sword must sheathe, in pumpkin near!"

He grabbed at the Fright Knight's wrist, and started glowing with power. I watched proudly as Danny threw him over his shoulder with such strength, taking the sword back. He hurried over to the pumpkin and sheathed it through. I looked away from the bright lights, and then I peeked through my arms to see that the beam of light was appearing from the pumpkin. 

The Fright Knight was shocked. "What?" he mumbled. "No!" 

Danny fell back towards him. "Trick AND treat, pumpkinhead!" Danny said with a grin. "Told ya I'd have it back by midnight."

"No..." he tried to pull the sword but it shocked him. "No...no!" 

The storm got even worse before everything returned to normal. The winds started whirling back in reverse. The horse was being lifted off the ground, and returning back to it's own place.

"It's sucking everything into the Ghost Zone!" I said excitedly. Danny was standing next to me, and we watched whatever turned into monsters go back home. "It's working-! Ah!" I even felt myself flying off from the ground from the powerful winds. 

"(Y/n)!" Danny exclaimed. He grabbed both my hands, and I looked at him worried. Danny pulled me down to our knees and pulled me closer. His hand was around my shoulder and I held on for life. I closed my eyes after Danny reached down to the floor below us to hold on to something. I leaned against him, and braced myself. 

"I will have my vengeance!" We heard the Fright Knight say. "Mark my words!"

When he disappeared, so did the storm and the sword with the pumpkin. We were still down on the ground together, and we finally noticed everyone coming back. "Yes, sweet beautiful technology!" Tucker said, pulling his PDA out. "You're mine once again!"

"Rainbows...happiness..." Sam shuddered. "I hated every ounce of it."

Finally, Mr. Lancer was the last one to appear, and I didn't realize until now that Danny and I were still holding each other's hands. He stomped towards us. "Mr. Fenton, (Y/n)." he said. "I have to say...that was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen. You win!" 

Danny erupted into a gloating laugh, and I smiled at him. "Yes!" He said, and Mr. Lancer turned around.

"Take that, Tetslaff." He said. Tetslaff was the name of the gym teacher who started the bet. 

I turned to Danny and we both hugged each other. When we parted, I noticed he was frowning. "Mr. Lancer?" He called out to him. "Wait up." He let go of my hand and hurried off. I went over to Sam and Tucker and greeted them back with hugs. "Mr. Lancer? Wait. I have to be honest...I cheated."

"Cheated?" Mr. Lancer asked.

"Well, I borrowed- stole, some of mine and (Y/n)'s parents technology." Danny admitted and I covered my mouth with both my hands. 

"You mean this stuff, like the Fenton Foamer?" Sam hurried over with it. 

"Which causes a psycho-sematic reaction and whoever's exposed to it, causing them to experience their worst fear?" I added quickly and the three of us were smiling innocently. 

"Yeah!" Danny said. "That."

"Daniel, the good news for you is that I don't care. I have two scary rooms and it's midnight!" Mr. Lancer said happily. "Let the party begin!"

He opened up the door to let guests in and both mine and Danny's parents shouted, "Nobody move!!"

The four of them each held a Fenton Foamers and (L/n) Blasters, which are still the exact same thing, but my parents just wanted to partake in creating a name for their equipment. The foams covered the five of us in full and we looked at all of them blankly. "Huh," the gym teacher named Tetslaff said. "Nice theme room, Lancer. Early oil spill. Come on, lets get out of here..." She walked away with some kids who were also dressed in costumes. 

Danny walked over to Mr. Lancer who said, "Changed my mind. Dash wins. I'll see you in detention, Fenton. You as well, (Y/n)." My jaw was dropped. 

"What?" Mr. Fenton asked. 

"So this was some sort of anti-detention scheme!" Dad said and I winced. "(Y/n), you have some explaining to do."

"You and (Y/n) are in a lot of trouble." Mom agreed and the four of them angrily leaned at us. 

"You don't know the half of it." Danny sighed miserably.

~~~

The next day, Danny suffered the rest of the punishment. 

"Salt." Sam handed Danny the condiment. 

"Pepper." Tucker provided.

"Clothespin." I said, placing it over Danny's nose. Danny's reaction was well...hard to describe.

Dash set down a plate, covered. He opened the cover and revealed the underwear, and the three of us off to the side, kept ourselves gagging from the stench. "Bon-appe-tighty-whitey, loser." Dash said with an evil smile. 

Danny looked at me, started to gag as he held up the underwear, and I gave him a supporting thumbs up. Let's just say, Danny used the bathroom maybe four times or more that day.