rage and tears 🌪️🌧️ (Noah's POV)

Elli walked out the cafe, not talking to anyone. His anger was too strong for me to handle. My head started throbbing with pain.

"Are you okay, Noah?" Lana asked.
"Yeah. It's just...he's so...angry...and it was way too strong for me," My voice broke slowly. "I know he's mad at us..." Tears fell down my face.

I couldn't hold them in at all.

I've never seen him so angry, especially at me.

I felt terribly guilty.

What if he never speaks to me again?

What if he breaks up with me?

What if Sunny doesn't like me after that, either?

I felt Lana pull me in a hug.

"It's all my fault." I sobbed.

"No, Noah. It's my fault. I didn't know that he was that mad."

A few minutes later, Lana's phone went off. Sunny was calling her.

"Hey, you're on speaker."

"Yo, what's got Elli so angry?"

"I don't know. He seemed pretty pissed off when we got here. And then he just lashed out and stormed off!"

"Jeez. Elli's usually never this mad, especially at us."

"I know! Noah was crying his eyes out just a few minutes ago. We're both worried about him."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Noah! I know he cares deeply for him, and to see him like this would definitely break his heart. I know that."

"I know. They love each other. But the fact that he would do that, knowing how sensitive Noah can be at times, no offense." I just nodded my head, telling her it's okay.

"I'm going to speak with Elli and I'll call you back."

"Okay, then. See you."

We hung up the phone. Lana glared at me with worry in her dark eyes.
"What should we do now?" I asked her.

"Just wait and see. We can grab a couple things if you would like." Lana replied.

"Sure. I could use a coffee." I replied.
After receiving our food items, we went back to our table and started a conversation to take our minds off of what just happened.

But his piercing anger still lingered in my brain. I felt so guilty and ashamed.

"Hey, you okay?" Lana waved her hand in my face.

I snapped back to reality.

"Yeah, just zoned out." I replied.
We continued talking until another ring of Lana's phone interrupted us.

"So?"

"H-he won't even talk to me...he just yelled at me and said go away." Sunny's voice broke with every word.

My heart tore.

He wouldn't even talk to her own partner?

"That's it. I'm coming home." I replied.

"Noah, do you want me to go with you?" Lana asked.

"Sure." I said.

"Okay...see you here!"

We got our stuff together, and started walking home.

Both of us had huge anxiety waves radiating off of us. We were both worried for Elli.

Me, as his boyfriend, and Lana, as a close friend who also cares deeply for him.

"This bitch is gonna talk or I'm gonna make him talk. In no universe should Elli be treating you, me, or especially SUNNY that way." Lana said, threateningly.

"Lana, please don't do anything stupid." I replied.

"I won't. Unless necessary."

We reached the front door and I breathed deeply.