learn to love again (No POV)

Elli's emotions flowed inside her body like water. Anxiety. Fear. Excitement. But most of all, sadness and worry.
The sun shone brightly that day and the sky was a beautiful blue. The clouds were nowhere to be seen.
"Well, at least the sky is nice today." She said.
He arrived at Noah's house in under 20 minutes and knocked on his door.
"Who is it?"
"It's Elli."
"Oh. Coming!"
Noah answered the door and looked at Elli.
"Hi! Come inside." He said. Elli softly smiled and went inside.
Unlike her house, his was a bit smaller and had a brighter feeling to it compared to their darker, more cozy home.
"Your house is nice, Noah."
"Thanks! Can I get you anything?"
"Oh, no. I ate before I got here."
"Oh. Okay."

A couple heartbeats passed.

"How's Sunny and everyone?"
"Oh, they're good. Jenna's our friend now."
Noah shot a horrified glance at Elli.
"What?"
"She came to our house and apologized for being mean. It was after you left...she really meant it, Noah. I knew Jenna. Before she was mean. I knew she would come around."
"Well, as long as she's nice to you."
"Yeah."
"Well, now that you're here, let's head out. I don't know how traffic is going to be." Noah said.
"Sure."

The two made their way to one of their favorite restaurants that was a half hour away.
"Huh, traffic seems pretty smooth today." Elli commented.
"Yeah, it does." Noah replied.
They arrived, and Noah was able to find parking nearby, so they didn't have to walk far.
"Wow, I actually found a parking spot." Noah laughed. Elli smiled.
"Let's go inside and get settled."
They opened the door and breathed the familiar air of savory dishes being made. They both always bonded over food. The restaurant was tall and dark, the walls being a dark blood red. It looked very old-fashioned.
But the food wasn't.
The windows were huge next to the booths that sat next to it. They sat down, and got their orders taken. Elli ordered a burger with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes, and Noah ordered some sirloin steak.
"What? It's my favorite food!" Noah said.
"You never told me that!" Elli laughed.
They talked away while their orders were being made. But Elli couldn't take it anymore.
"Um...Noah? There's something I wanna get off my chest."
Noah's eyes were wide with curiosity.
"This was all a setup. We kinda planned this thing...we were just worried about you. I just didn't want to love you but also live with the regret of lying to you for the rest of my life. You have every right to be mad at me."
Noah grabbed Elli's hand. Elli blushed, her cheeks a rosy pink.
"I'm not mad at you. In fact, I had a feeling this would happen and that you would feel this way. I know you love me, Elli...I love you too and I'm sorry for being such an ass."
"I just didn't want to see you hurt..." Elli's voice broke slightly.
"Why would you think that?" Noah whispered.
"Jacob...I know he's been put away, but back before that I didn't know what could've happened." Elli said, his voice breaking more. She pulled out a tissue and wiped her tears.
"Oh, honey, don't cry! I'm fine!"
"I know, it's dumb."
"No, it's not. Please don't feel like that, babe."
Elli looked up from wiping his tears.
"...Babe?"
Noah nodded and smiled softly.
"I've been a terrible person to you recently. I was becoming the person that I didn't want to. I just didn't wanna see you hurt. And now, I've come to the realization that I hurt you more by leaving without a good reason. So...do you wanna be my boyfriend...again?"
Elli smiled and nodded. Their hands intertwined, and Elli and Noah went in for a small kiss and sat down.
Elli felt like a piece of them was put back together in the puzzle that is her heart.
"Here's your foo...Did I interrupt something?" A waiter asked.
They both shook their heads. The waiter put their food down, and smiled as she walked away.
They looked at each other smiling like little kids.
"Let's eat." Elli said.

An hour later, they had wolfed down their food and were stuffed to their limits.
"Oh, shit, that was good." Noah said, sitting back.
"Yeah, it was. I love this place." Elli replied.
"Let's go over to your place. Is my room still empty?" Noah asked.
"It is, I haven't touched anything." Elli replied.
"Let's go."
Elli and Noah had entered as friends, and left as lovers, holding hands and staying close.