a sudden turn of events (Sunny's POV)

"...Are you going to answer it, babe?" I asked. He nodded confidently.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Elli. I was wondering if you'd like to go out for lunch on Monday? At 12?"

"Really?" He smiled and nodded his head.

"Yeah, just the two of us!"

"You sure you're fine with this?"

"Of course! Just because we're not together doesn't mean we can't be friends."

Elli frowned.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be sure to set it on my calendar."

"Okay! Bye!"

"Bye b- Noah..."

She hung up and sighed.

"He said something, didn't he?" I asked.

"I hate that he addressed us as friends. I almost called him babe..." Elli murmured. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"So, what'd he want?" I asked.

"He wants to go out to lunch on Monday."

"YES!" Taylor cheered. "It's the perfect opportunity for you to talk to him. You need to let him know how you really feel."

"Yeah. I do."

"Okay, I have an idea again!" Jenna butted in. "So, when this does happen, we'll stay here, as if this were an HQ. Since Taylor is a telepath, and Elli is too, and they can transmit mental messages, Elli can update Taylor that way and they can update us if anything happens! What do we think?" Jenna said cheerfully.

"Jenna, I swear to God, even though that sounds a little bit like spying, even though that's the whole goal, that is the smartest idea ever." I said.

"I guess her brain grew ever since she left those chumps that she called friends." Lana laughed.

"Yeah!" Jenna nodded. Suddenly, all heads turned to Elli. He smiled. Lana hugged Elli tightly, and she laughed. I ran over to Elli's side and hugged him too. I kissed them on the cheek.

"Aww!" Jenna said.

"Well, today's Friday, so you'll have some time to prepare before then." I told Elli. He nodded. I looked over at Taylor and they were smiling excitedly.

"Yay! Our first group meeting went so well!" They squealed.

"It did. It really did." Jax replied. "I'm glad we could come together like this. We were all united because of one problem and now we're all sitting here and talking."

Elli nodded.

We were all rejoicing and talking but Jenna didn't look too happy.

"Yo, Jenna, you okay?" Lana asked her.

"Samantha's not going to be too happy when she finds out what I've been doing..." She replied.

"It's okay, Jenna. Don't worry about her right now." Elli said.

"Oh, alright." Jenna replied.

Our little gathering went on late into the evening. We talked, mostly. It was like our own little reunion party. Except this time, Elli's not stealing up someone's boyfriend.

"Okay, bye everyone! See you on Monday!" I waved them goodbye.

And then there were two.

Just me and my husband.

Without Noah.

Just us.

I decided to go upstairs and admire the starless blue night sky.

Airplanes would fly through the sky like shooting stars every now and then.

Wait.

Airplanes?

Night sky?

Shooting stars?

"I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now..." I sang.
Damn it, it got stuck in my head.

But I really did need a wish right now. My wish was that this would all get resolved soon. I want Elli to be happy. I don't want him to be the quiet person they're not. I missed the loud, talkative, and often cheery Elli, and the proud, sassy, and caring Noah. Their personalities had a bond like no other.