Chapter 1

Ivy Victoria Rose arrived at the train station with her entire family. She felt thrilled and afraid at the same time. She could feel people staring at her, some of them murmuring while some were just astonished to see the entire Rose family.

She could understand with their emotions, after all, how often do you get to be in the presence of THE Amelia Rose (also known as her grandmother) she thought, but even she could not handle the staring after a certain amount of time. Her grandfather-Nathaniel Rose- being the understanding prince that he was, could sense his granddaughter's uneasiness and immediately came to her aid. He stopped in his tracks and everyone followed to bid adieu to their Ivy. 

Nathaniel swiftly wrapped his granddaughter in an affectionate hug and in doing so said, "remember child, tough times do not last, tough people, do" which made her smile.

"I'm going to miss you grandfather", she said and then muttered, "hold down the fort for me, will you? I will come back for Christmas before you can say quidditch". His eyes lit up as they pulled away.

Then she said goodbye to her grandmother who with her mother was glaring at the people staring at her. "Oh darling, take care of yourself and remember to keep your chin up no matter what, yes?" her grandmother said as Ivy hugged her. "Of course, grandmother". "And make sure to cause some trouble. You are, after all, a Rose" her grandmother winked as they pulled away and then resumed to glare at people who dared to look their way.

Ivy then proceeded to hug her parents- Cecilia and Elliot- goodbye as they also told her to take care of herself and tried to hold back their tears. She then finally got on the train and tried to find a cabin to sit in.

--

The train began to leave as she was trying to find an empty cabin or at least a less crowded one. She bumped into someone getting out of their cabin. "Oh! I am so sorry, I could no-" she began and the other person also proceeded to apologize until they both realised who the other person was.

"O-Ophelia?" Ivy asked hesitantly as she had not seen her best friend in 4 years.

"Ivy! Merlin, it's been so long!" Ophelia said a little too loudly. The two girls immediately hugged each other, neither planning on pulling away quickly.

"How have you been?!" they both questioned in sync after pulling away and then proceeding to giggle at how similar they were. "I need to catch you up to speed and so do you!" Ophelia said a little too loudly again, but Ivy could not blame her.

She and Ophelia had been best friends since they met the very first day of school when they came to know they were roommates. Then, her parents sent her off to her grandparents' palace which was on an unknown island. And she hadn't been able to talk or write to Ophelia as she was not allowed to send letters.

"Why don't you come to our cabin?" Ophelia continued, "Imran and Archie are sitting there. I will be right back". Ivy agreed and opened the cabin door where she found two boys sitting and talking.

The boys were caught off-guard and since they too had not seen Ivy in a long time, they could not recognise her. She beamed with happiness and ran to hug the confused boys.

"Oh, Merlin! It's me! Ivy Rose!", she said rolling her eyes when the two boys seemed even more confused. Finally, after she said that, both the boys were jumping up and down with glee and pulled her into another hug and weren't letting go until Ivy had to ask them to as she could not breathe.

Ivy was asked questions about everyone and everything and she answered them after she caught her breath.

"But most importantly, how were we supposed to know it was you? You stated it as if it was obvious, but, Rose you have... changed" Archie said eyeing her up and down.

It was true. She had changed quite a lot. She had grown much taller; her curves had taken a more prominent shape and her face had changed its shape. She also had styled her hair and applied makeup. She never did either when she was in Hogwarts because she was a child and never felt the need for them.

"Yeah, says you! Neither of you is 'boys' anymore. You are fully grown 'men', or at least look like some", she snickered. All three of them giggled.

"Hey, what's so funny?" Ophelia asked as she entered and snuggled into the arms of Imran.

"They finally confessed their feelings for each other during the battle", Archie explained to the confused Ivy.

"Ah! Finally! It took a war for the two of you to confess, wonder what it will take for you to propose", Ivy said in a sarcastic tone which made all four of them laugh. They continued to talk and catch each other up, on their lives.