Chapter 7

After their breakfast, the group went back to their living quarters to freshen up before going to Hogsmede. The girls went to their rooms to change, while Ivy and Jade waited with the boys in their common room.

Draco and Theo sat on the leather chairs and Ivy sat on the couch. Blaise was to her left and Jade on her right. Archie sat on the other side of Jade and Imran next to Archie on the armrest of the couch.

Blaise and Ivy continued their conversation from earlier. Blaise said something to which Ivy giggled as a response. Draco immediately got up from his chair and asked Blaise to exchange seats for some reason. Draco then slyly rested his hand behind Ivy's seat which she didn't seem to notice.

Soon, the girls came back and everyone left for Hogsmede. Theo and Daphne walked before everyone, followed by Imran and Ophelia, all four of them walking hand-in-hand. The rest followed close behind.

This time all of them walking as a group, chatting and giggling like they were great friends.

Ivy felt glad she had happy people around her. She smiled to herself as she remembered how things were before the war when they were just children.

--

They reached the Three Broomsticks and got inside the comfortable shop. They quickly found a table. It was just the six of them now since the two couples- Theo and Daphne and Ophelia and Imran- went to Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop.

Draco went to get everyone some drinks, and when he returned, he noticed that Ivy had saved him a seat next to her. He smiled inwardly and proceeded to place the drinks on the table and sit next to her. She gave him a warm smile which he returned. Not a smirk, a genuine smile, and Blaise seemed to notice that.

All of them were telling each other's stories over butterbeer. They laughed at the embarrassing stories Blaise told about him and Draco and Pansy. Jade talked about herself a bit since she was the only one who did not have a friend to tell them about it.

Soon, they ran out of things to say, since they were only getting to know each other, they did not dig deep into each other's private lives.

Suddenly, Blaise got up and suggested they should do firewhiskey shots. Ivy objected as usual. "Blaise we're already three butterbeers down. I for one, do not think shots are a good idea". 

Everyone groaned at this sentence. Before they could say something, Ophelia and Imran joined them and explained how Theo and Daphne returned to Hogwarts.

Finally, after much convincing, Ivy agreed to do one shot of firewhiskey and so did Ophelia. All of them gulped down the firewhiskey and could feel the alcohol enter their body. All except Ophelia agreed to do another shot. And another.

Now, everyone was quite drunk, especially Imran and Blaise who were slow-dancing in the middle of the shop. Ivy and Draco were feeling alright, Ophelia was observing her boyfriend dancing with another man and couldn't do anything other than just smile, Pansy fell asleep on Archie's shoulder and he was too drunk to notice and Jade was having an existential crisis.

"Blaise is quite the dancer, is he not? Ivy asked looking at Draco who scoffed.

"Yeah, not long ago that was us," Draco said to which Ivy laughed a little too loud. Draco furrowed his eyebrows and couldn't help as he smiled looking at the girl who was laughing like anything.

As her laughter died down a bit, she looked at Draco, who was already looking at her. Her brown eyes met his grey ones, yet again and neither looked away.

They gazed deep into each other's eyes. Ivy had never noticed the love, care and innocence in Draco's eyes. His ego and attitude overshadowed his soft side.

A moment later, a scream from Blaise- who fell while dancing- snapped them out of their moment. They both cleared their throats as they looked anywhere but at each other.

"We should probably go back before Jade melts into the floor or they throw us out" Ivy chuckled trying to lighten the tension.

"Heh, yeah, um, I'll- uh, you should-, um, ahem, I'll get the boys, you can grab the girls", Draco said awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck, uncomfortable with the events that occurred.

Ivy went to Ophelia who agreed to leave. Ophelia grabbed her boyfriend who was still laughing with Blaise about his fall. She put his hand over her shoulder and tried to pull him away from Blaise.

Draco did the same to Blaise, who was extremely tipsy. Then Draco went up to Archie who stumbled trying to get up but could walk, unlike Blaise and Imran.

Meanwhile, Ivy woke up Pansy, who wrapped her hands around Ivy's right hand and rested her head on Ivy's right shoulder. Then Ivy walked up to Jade who was sitting on the floor in an interesting position and their conversation was even more interesting.

"Hey Jade, how are we feeling?" Ivy asked as she rubbed Jade's back.

"Meh", the girl on the floor shrugged

"Okay, why don't you get up and we'll head back, yeah?" Ivy lent Jade a hand to help her get up.

"What's the point, Vee? We're going die anyway, aren't we?" she said as she slowly got up with Ivy's support.

"Oh, I know, I know. Hold my waist please"

"Okay. You're a good person Vee, remember that yeah?" Jade said as she held Ivy's waist and rested her head on Ivy's left shoulder. Ivy just smiled as all of them walked back into Hogwarts, completely hammered.

--

They reached their living quarters and dropped all the drunks in their respective beds. Theo and Daphne were sitting in the common room and were joined by Draco, Ivy and Ophelia.

"How much did you people drink?" Theo asked looking at his completely wasted friends. Ivy answered him and he just laughed.

"Blaise is surprisingly lightweight for someone who constantly thinks about drinking" Ivy snickered and the rest of them laughed at her observation.

"How long until they're up?" Daphne questioned. "We've got about two hours, maybe three. We just had a couple of shots" Draco calculated.

Ophelia started a conversation with Daphne and Ivy could feel her eyelids getting heavier and she could feel herself falling asleep. As she did, her head fell on Draco's shoulder who could not help but feel his cheeks redden.

Ophelia immediately gave him a look but then saw him blushing and so chose not to intervene. Draco picked up Ivy bridal style and plopped her on the bed in their room.