Extras- 2

Extras: Luke Rose and Gwyneth Russo

Luke's POV

Pfft, stupid librarian. How difficult is it to answer the question 'where can I get a wedding gift for my baby sister marrying a boy she doesn't deserve?' Not very much I assume.

I thought about how stupid the lady- who did not help me at all- was, as I wandered around the library. My eyes scanned through the many, many giant shelves in the library.

I decided to go to the muggle section and find a book of Shake's pear. I remembered Ivy talking about him and now I was quite eager to know about this pear as well. Why the shake? Why the pear? Was his name shake? Did he like pears? I was very interested to know about this person.

My eyes were scanning the shelves for his or her or their name but could not find it. I roamed around the muggle section and took many rounds around the library but was unable to find that author.

As I was in the middle of the seventh round in the muggle section, a beautiful brunette approached me.

She was very attractive with her beautiful hair tied in a bun. Tiny strands of her brown hair fell on her face. She stood in a way that the sun perfectly fell on her, giving her skin a beautiful golden tint.

She was wearing glasses that were too big for her small, cute face. She removed her glasses and placed them on her head revealing her radiant, green eyes. It should be a crime to hide such magnificent eyes behind those atrocious glasses, but she could easily pull them off.

She snapped her fingers in front of my eyes making me come back to the real world. I looked at her and squinted my eyes as I hummed in a questioning tone.

She smiled. Oh, Merlin, what a smile. "I was just asking if you wanted some help. I saw you move around the library aimlessly and I can't focus"

"Heh, yeah, I need help. The lady at the desk was an idiot" I laughed as I scratched the back of my head, nervously.

Her smiled immediately vanished as she said, "That is my mum"

"Oh, I am so sor-"

"Oh no, no, no. I was just joking. That's Edith and she is utterly useless." The girl laughed at my reaction.

And she's funny too.

I gave her a sarcastic smile and she gave me an apologetic one as she tried to stop laughing at my reaction. She cleared her throat and asked, "I am so sorry. What do you want? I'll help without such jokes. Okay, I'll try to help without such jokes."

I told her my situation and also told her about my thoughts on the pear author. As soon as I did, she burst out laughing, yet again.

She stopped once she saw the look, I gave her. She started walking and started explaining how the muggle author was Shakespeare as I followed listening to her explain it. I was embarrassed, extremely embarrassed.

We reached a particular section, and she handed me a book she took out from the shelf. 'Othello' the book said.

"It's about complications in a marriage, well, kind of. So, if your sister sees any similarities in her relationship and this, she can leave the boy" the girl explained.

I smiled. This girl is a bloody genius. I thanked her and left the library in a hurry when I realised what the time was. I was about to be late for my sister's wedding reception.

--

I visited the library for the next eight days so I could find this girl. She was smart, funny, beautiful, sweet but evil at the same time. I had to.

Finally, on the ninth day, the girl showed up. I was asleep on one of the desks when she shook me awake. Why am I always embarrassing myself in front of this girl?

"What are you doing here, pear-boy?" she asked sarcastically.

"Pear-boy?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I yawned.

"You never told me your name" the girl explained.

"Luke. Luke Rose. And you are?" I asked extending my hand.

The girl smiled and shook my hand. "Gwyneth. Gwyneth Russo"