Chapter 23- Part 2

"Merlin!" Ivy gasped with surprise laced in her voice. She ran to the figure and gave the man a tight hug.

"Marcus Flint, you little twat!" Ivy said as she pulled away from the hug. "Where have you been? How have you been?"

"I've been right here and great" Marcus smirked. "Look what I got you" he continued and then pointed to the figure next to him.

Ivy laughed and gave a hug to Graham Montague and Adrian Pucey, who were standing next to Marcus. After her, Luke hugged his friends as well.

"Wait, you know them?" Blaise asked from behind Ivy who replied, "of course, my brother was on the Slytherin quidditch team and the three of them were great friends. They spent a lot of time at our mansion. That reminds me, everyone this is my brother, Luke." Ivy pointed to her friends as she introduced them to her brother.

"Merlin Ivy, you did a good job growing up" Adrian smirked eyeing Ivy up and down. This made Marcus and Luke elbow him and Graham hit him on his head.

"Good to know you are still a creep, Pucey," Ivy said shaking her head.

"I am going to steal my little princess" Marcus announced as he put his hand on Ivy's shoulder and turned her towards the door.

"Excuse me, we aren't done here. I still have to talk to Ivy" Graham complained to which Marcus shrugged and said, "don't care, Montague, don't care"

--

Ivy was dragged to the ballroom with all the parents by Marcus.

"You got paired up with Malfoy, yeah? How's that been?" Marcus scoffed. They both sat at the tall chairs near the bar.

"I mean, fine I guess" Ivy shrugged, with an unhappy expression on her face. Unhappy because she did not get any reaction from Draco. Everyone, including all the boys, complimented on how she looked, and yet Draco didn't.

Marcus immediately saw her expression change. "Hey princess, did he do something? I work in the Ministry, I can do something to him and get away with it. Just say the word and you won't have to worry about it" he asked with worry laced in his voice but a threatening tone.

"No, no, of course not. It isn't what he did do, it's something he didn't do" Ivy explained and Marcus' face turned into a confused expression.

Ivy laughed at this and thought it would be best to change the topic. "Never mind about Malfoy, who are you planning on marrying, since you know, you weren't partnered up with anyone?"

"Women are lining up to marry me, I don't need to worry about it" Marcus smirked and Ivy shook her head and started in a motherly tone. "But are you interested in any of them? Interested enough to marry them? To start a family with them?" Marcus gulped the drink he ordered and shook his head.

"I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult this must be for you, but you know you have to make a decision, right?" Ivy asked in a worried tone.

"Yeah, mum" Marcus laughed, but Ivy knew it was a fake one. "Let's just change the topic, this is not fun"

"No. You listen to me loud and clear Marcus Flint, marriage is not a joke. You have been blessed with the power to choose who to spend your life with and you are going to make that decision. And if I see you taking this lightly, so help me" Ivy stated in a dominant tone with a scowl on her- usually bright- face.

The girl Marcus Flint liked had perished in the war. He did not take anything, especially his love life, seriously since then. He would drink his worries away and would work round the clock to avoid feeling. Nobody knew about this, except Ivy. The girl was a Hufflepuff and was a year younger than him. She came back to Hogwarts to fight in the war and was killed by a death eater.

Looking at Marcus' blue expression, Ivy opened her arms and pulled him in a tight hug. They heard someone clear their throat. This made Ivy look to where the voice came from.

The platinum blonde-haired boy stood there, with his hands in his pockets and an irritated look on his face. Marcus pulled away from the hug, got up from his seat and stood with his hands folded across his chest.

Now, Draco and Marcus were standing to face each other. Various looks were being exchanged between them. Marcus was slightly taller than Draco, but it did not stop Draco from giving him nasty looks.

Ivy cleared her throat which made Draco look at her and say, "excuse me if I am disturbing something, but mother was looking for us"

"Yes actually, you are disturbing-" Marcus started but Ivy cut him off before he said something that would cause a scene. "No, no, of course not. We were finishing up anyway. Let's not keep Mrs Malfoy waiting now, shall we?"

She pulled Draco away from Marcus as neither of them was budging. She pulled Draco into the crowd and far away from Marcus.

As she was walking, Draco held her hand, taking control of her, and pulled her into an empty room that seemed like an office.