Chapter 12

Ivy slowly opened her eyes and was alarmed to see a figure looking at her and let out a shriek. Her sudden shriek made Draco let out a shriek as well. After that eventful start to their day, both of them giggled at what had just happened.

Her thoughts gathering and her sleep wiped off, she realised Draco was still in his pyjamas. His hair looked soft and ruffled and his eyes seemed slightly puffy. It was as though he had woken up mere minutes ago.

"Should I even ask why you were doing whatever you were doing?", Ivy asked as she rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Probably shouldn't"

"Heh, do you need to use the bathroom or should I go first?", Ivy asked as she got up and waved her wand to clear the couch. "Um, I just wanted to talk to you. About yesterday", Draco replied

This made Ivy fasten her pace and she just shrugged and replied, "there is nothing to talk about. Seriously"

"Nothing to talk about? Could you just slow down for a minute", Draco said as he held Ivy's elbow and pulled her towards himself. Their faces were now inches away.

He immediately let go of her when he realised what he did and apologised. Ivy shrugged it off and sat on the bed. She patted on the bed, indicating Draco to sit next to her, which he did.

She looked at him and he took it as a sign to start talking. "It's just, I have never been close to anyone, except Blaise, but that's different. The past few years, I haven't been close to anyone. I just need to get used to this, you know"

Draco cleared his throat and resumed. "I didn't mean to freak out like that. I just couldn't help it. Hell, I don't even know why I didn't stop myself from doing that and-" Before Draco could continue, he felt Ivy's warm hand on his cold one.

"Listen, I get it. Trust me, I do. But we are going to be married. I don't expect you to be comfortable with me right this minute, but I need you to feel like you can trust me. I would never do anything that would hurt you, in any way. And why don't we start by being friends first?" Ivy gave Draco a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah, that would be nice"

"Perfect. Now, I need you to feel like you can tell me anything, okay? I don't judge. And we need to have a normal conversation. I mean we've been in each other's presence for the past four days and this is the first normal conversation we've had."

"Heh, yeah, we probably should"

"Okay then, I am going to go take a shower. And also, thanks again for the clothes, they were very comfortable."

"We're the Malfoys darling, we always get the best"

Ivy couldn't help but smile at his cockiness, but she remembered that soon, she would be a Malfoy too.

Draco and Ivy changed and walked down to the common room, where they saw everyone leaving. They quickly joined them and all of them walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

All of them sat at the Slytherin table as usual and served themselves. "Today's our first life class. Wonder what they're planning on teaching us" Ophelia said as she chewed her food. Everyone began thinking about that as well and that resulted in the group being completely silent.

"Never mind about that. What does everyone think about the party?" Blaise asked after a while of the group being noiseless.

"Merlin, Zabini do you ever stop thinking about alcohol?" Pansy groaned which made everyone giggle. Blaise gave her a fake smile and replied, "No, I was thinking tomorrow evening. It's a Friday so most people will show up"

Everyone agreed and decided not to invite a lot of people to not let their living quarters be too crowded. The boys decided to go to the Three Broomsticks to buy liquor after they were done with classes. The girls decided to go to the library since they had nothing better to do.

--

They all met in the Great Hall after their respective classes, for life class. There were benches arranged all over the Great Hall with enough space between each bench to maintain privacy. They were ordered to sit with each other's partners and everyone followed. Draco came in later than Ivy, just moments before the class started.

"Good afternoon students. Now as you all know, you have to get married in a few months. These classes have been added to your schedules for you to understand marriage and how to deal with it. Now since this is your first class, why don't you tell each other about yourselves. Your likes, dislikes, interests, dreams, and whatever you want to add. Begin", McGonagall stated. Everyone turned to each other and started muttering.

Draco and Ivy turned to each other and Ivy noticed Draco look down to his lap and so decided to speak first. "Let's see, I like to read and spend time with people I am close to. I like the outdoors and I am especially fond of gardening. I always wanted a huge garden in my house. I don't dislike anything as such and I wanted to be a healer, just like my dad"

"Wanted?" Draco interrupted.

"Um, yeah. A muggle princess can't be a healer now, can she? Ivy chuckled lightly, but the unhappiness in her voice was audible. "Your turn Malfoy"

"Okay," Draco cleared his throat and began. "I guess I like potions. I like to read as well. I dislike a lot of things and people, so I don't think it's a good idea to get into that" Ivy shook her head at his statement.

Draco thought for a while and then resumed speaking. "I never really thought about what I wanted to become because, well, I just thought I would live off my wealth and then, well, I just wanted to be alive," Draco muttered as he looked anywhere but towards Ivy.

Thankfully, McGonagall started talking so they didn't have to continue this uncomfortable conversation.

"I can see a few of you still talking, so please continue. For those who are done, why don't you tell each other about your families? You are after all going to be a family as well, might be better if you let the other person know what they're getting into" McGonagall laughed, thinking she had just cracked the joke of the year.

Uh-oh. Draco was visibly uneasy with this, so once again, Ivy thought it would be best if she went first.

"So, my mum, Cecelia Rose, is an Auror. She was in Slytherin and my dad, Elliot Rose, is a healer and was a Gryffindor. I am close to my father's parents. Amelia and Nathaniel Rose, my grandparents and the Queen and King of an island in Switzerland. Luke Rose is my brother, he was a Slytherin beater. And I have a cat. Her name is Zara" Ivy finished.

Draco hesitantly opened his mouth but before he could say anything Ivy interrupted him. "I completely understand if you don't want to talk about this right now. You don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable or just because I told you about mine or because McGonagall told us to"

"No, it's fine. It's like McGonagall said, you should know what you're getting into and besides there isn't much to tell. You know my parents, Lucius and Narcissa. My fa- Lucius, is in Azkaban and my mum is, well, she is quite similar to you. She just fell in love with the wrong man. That's it. That is all of my family." Draco refused to meet Ivy's eyes and she did not force him to do so either.

The rest of the class went by slowly since neither of them spoke. They did not know what to say. After the class, they went to their living quarters with their friends and soon went off to bed after a silent dinner