Chapter 29

Everyone cheered as they ran out of the Great Hall after giving their last NEWT exam. Everyone was going to Hogsmede to celebrate or go on dates with their partners.

By now, all the couples were dating and some had even gotten engaged. Many were making plans to meet their parents for their blessings to propose, and some had talked to their parents but hadn't proposed, yet.

Everyone had to propose in those few days, since they had to get married by the end of the year and wedding planning would take at least a few months.

Imran and Archie had talked to Ophelia and Pansy's families about proposing and were planning to do that soon. Blaise and Jade had talked to each other and were planning to talk to their families that summer. Draco and Ivy had not talked about proposing or anything related to marriage and were regretting it.

Draco did plan on talking to his and Ivy's family soon, but nobody apart from Blaise knew about this. Ivy and Draco had not gone ring shopping, because Draco planned on giving Ivy his mother's ring.

The group spent the entire evening at the Black Lake. These few moments were some they made sure to enjoy. Just being the children, they were. Forgetting the fact that soon, all of them would be burdened with jobs and the pressure of starting a family.

They enjoyed chit-chatting like teenagers, gossiping like old women, discussing their futures like grown-ups and running around and laughing like little children. All the things they couldn't do in front of anyone except for their closest friends were done at the Black Lake.

--

That night, Ivy prepared to do the thing she should've done a long time before- talk to Draco about their future. She took a sharp breath as she heard the bathroom door open. It revealed Draco, changed in his pyjamas. He walked to their bed and took a seat next to Ivy.

Ivy prepared herself for the conversation that she was about to start and reminded herself to stay calm and collected if Draco gets upset about anything. "Hey, so, um, I was just wondering if you've, uh, thought about the future? Our future?"

She immediately cringed thinking about the words that came out of her mouth. She looked at Draco. He was taken by surprise by her question, but he did not seem upset or angry.

"Uhm, well, a little bit, yes" Draco cleared his throat and sat up straight.

"Well, what do you picture it like?" Ivy questioned curiously.

Draco debated if he should tell her or not and finally a minute or two later, he decided to reply, "I- well, we get married and have kids"Ivy gave Draco an annoyed face and scoffed in disbelief. "Draco, that is obvious. You just stated the obvious"

Draco pouted at her reaction but was still not angry. He could never be angry at Ivy. "Okay, well then what do you want to know?"

Ivy sighed and calmed down, "I don't know. How many kids do you see us having? Or where do you see us living? How do you see us, as a couple in, say five years? Do you see us working, like a job? Things like that. Things we were supposed to talk about during life classes instead of drawing sketches of Gryffindors with bodies of animals"

"Hey, that was fun" Draco retorted.

"Yeah, you're right. I have no regrets" Ivy snorted. Both of them laughed at the thought of their sketches. Ivy collected herself and cleared her throat.

Draco straightened up and started, "I've always wanted three children, but I mean it is your body, so I don't want to pressure you or anything. Living? I always wanted a mansion away from the Malfoy Manor. There would be a huge backyard in the house, where I would play quidditch and train my kids before they go to Hogwarts." Ivy chuckled and shook her head at Draco's last statement.

Draco thought for a moment and began again. "Us? I think you would be a great princess and one of the best healers in the Wizarding World. I would work at the Ministry and come home and rant about work to you. You would listen without interrupting because you would fall asleep most of the time. And above all, we would be very happy"

Ivy's heart filled with content, knowing that Draco thought greatly about their future. It wasn't very detailed but she would fill up the empty spaces in his future. She felt a bit ashamed about not thinking about it herself.

"Have you thought about anything?" Draco questioned and Ivy shook her head in remorse. "There must be something you thought about" Draco stated trying to make Ivy feel better. She thought about it for a few moments and nodded her head hesitantly.

"Tell me about it"

Ivy cleared her throat and began. "The size of the house does not matter to me, it should be enough to fit my family and it should be a place filled with love and laughter. A place my children would happily call home. A place where they would feel safe and cherished" Ivy sneaked a peek at Draco. He was listening to her and was smiling at her description.

She felt comfortable and resumed. "I always wanted a huge garden where I could sow different kinds of plants. I never thought about how many kids I wanted, just one would be fine too. I always wanted to get a sister for Zara- Ivy's cat. I wanted a library with my favourite books in it. I imagined sitting there and reading all day long"

"Splendid. A library is a must in any house and a garden would be perfect. But not the cat" Draco commented.

Ivy pouted. "What? Why not?"

"No. No cats, one is more than enough" Draco replied.

Their disagreement turned into an argument and that argument was solved when they finally gave up and decided to think about it in the future and get some sleep in the present.