Chapter 2

Meanwhile...

The infamous Draco Malfoy came to the completely packed platform with his mother, Narcissa Malfoy. He could feel everyone scowling at them. He looked to his mother and saw her completely unfazed by this and with her head help up high. He pulled himself together and put up his renowned smirk and glared back at the people.

As he and his mother were saying their goodbyes, Blaise Zabini approached him and he felt a weight lift off his shoulders.

Blaise was the only person that had been with Draco through thick and thin and knew Draco more than Draco knew himself. Blaise pulled Draco in a tight hug after doing their signature handshake. He and Narcissa exchanged polite hellos and the two boys proceeded to the train.

They sat in an empty cabin and were soon joined by Pansy Parkinson, Theodore Nott and Daphne Greengrass. They were sharing their summer experiences while Draco just tuned them out as he stared out the window.

Blaise and Pansy were about to start an argument about chocolate frogs when they heard someone scream "Ivy! Merlin, it's been so long!". That seemed to pull Draco from his thoughts while Blaise and Pansy shared an expression and soon forgot about their argument. "Wait, Ivy came back?", a confused Pansy asked Blaise. "Seems like it" Blaise smirked. Draco, Pansy and Theo all asked who this person they were talking about was.

"Ivy? Ivy Rose?", Blaise asked as if trying to remind them of someone. When neither of their expressions changed, Blaise started with Ivy's story.

"Ivy Victoria Rose, the granddaughter of none other than Queen Amelia and King Nathaniel Rose. The daughter of Cecilia and Elliot Rose and Luke Rose's sister. She came to Hogwarts with all of us and spent almost 5 years there. She's quite shy and doesn't boast about her grandmother unlike her brother, so you must not have heard of her. Anyway, her parents took her out of Hogwarts, because of, you know, everything." Blaise said not knowing how to say everything that happened, knowing Draco was uncomfortable.

Blaise cleared his throat and resumed, "They wanted her to be safe and had the option to send her elsewhere, so they did. She spent the last 3 years in the muggle world with her grandparents. And now, apparently, she's back", Blaise completed.

"And how do the both of you know her?" Draco asked and Pansy replied for both of them, "we were really good friends, the three of us. Our parents were close when they were in Hogwarts." 

Daphne and Theo seemed to realise who Pansy and Blaise were talking about. "Wait, Amelia Rose, meaning THE Amelia Rose?", Theo questioned and Pansy nodded. "My parents have mentioned her family. They are quite powerful, are they not?" Daphne asked and Pansy nodded yet again. Soon they continued with their conversation and Draco just wondered how he never heard of this girl or her family.

"Poor girl, must be looked down upon and teased a lot, huh?" Pansy muttered softly so only the people in the cabin could hear.

"Why would she be teased?" Draco asked now curious about this mystery girl.

"Well, when she was sent away, people called her a coward, because she was running away when in reality the girl had no say in the matter. I just know these gits are just jealous of her. I mean who wouldn't have wanted to feel safe, knowing... he... couldn't get to them" Blaise said agitatedly. This seemed to make Draco shift in his seat and proceed to look out the window and tune out their conversation.

Luke Rose does ring a bell. That Slytherin chaser, who would behave as if he were king of the world. Well, I mean, he technically was a prince, but he was still a git. Hope his sister isn't worse, not that I plan on spending time with the girl, Draco thought to himself.

"We should say hello to Ivy, don't you think so Blaise?", Pansy asked and Blaise replied, "obviously, I was planning on it after we got off the train".

"And you didn't bother to ask me?"

"Why should I? You want to say hello go on your own, why do you need me?"

"Ugh! Zabini you sure do know how to annoy the hell out of me"

"I do", Pansy and Blaise began to argue again except now, it wasn't about chocolate frogs.