Chapter 6

Draco and Ivy's room was quite spacious as well. The door opened to a living area that had a fluffy couch and two matching fluffy chairs with a carpet under them. They were facing the fireplace which was also in the brick wall.

There was a huge window to the left of the fireplace, through which was the perfect view of the sunset and part of the black lake could also be seen. The faint sound of the black lake and the breeze made the room even calmer.

Behind the chairs, was a door that led to the bedroom. The bedroom had two huge wooden closets on each brick wall and a vintage grey coloured dresser opposite the bed. The dresser had two tiny plants on it and above the dresser was a vintage, circular-shaped mirror. Next to the dresser was a door that led to the bathroom.

The only problem was, there was just one bed. It was large but not large enough for two people to sleep on it and leave a considerable amount of space between them. But then again, that was asking too much.

After both Ivy and Draco took in the entire room, they both started to unpack. Ivy took the closet on the right wall and Draco took the one on the left wall.

--

After unpacking, Ivy went to the bathroom and changed into her pyjamas which was a set of a white-coloured cotton full-sleeve shirt with the design of cactus plants on it and cotton shorts with the same design.

She took her makeup off and undid her hairdo and combed her silky straight hair. She brushed her teeth and came out of the bathroom to see Draco waiting for her to come out, with his pair of clothes in his hands.

"Oh. Um, sorry that took so long. I shouldn't have brushed my hair inside", she mumbled.

"No problem" was all he said as Draco proceeded to the bathroom.

He came out of the bathroom to see the bed empty and a few pillows missing from it. He went to the living room to see Ivy planning on sleeping on the couch.

"What are you doing?" Draco questioned and she replied "um, sleeping" as if stating the obvious.

"Yes, I can see that but you are not sleeping on the couch. Why don't you take the bed, I'll sleep here?"

"Oh, no, no need. I can sleep here"

"No. I insist."

Both of them went on and on, and neither one of them was agreeing to sleep on the bed.

"Okay, what if we take turns sleeping on the bed?" Ivy suggested. Draco agreed but only if he could sleep on the couch first. Ivy was tired and did not wish to argue and so she went to the bedroom.

"Goodnight, Malfoy"

"Night"

--

The next morning, Ivy woke up to the sound of a shower running. She assumed Draco had woken up and was taking a shower. She sat up straight, rubbed her eyes and tied her hair into a ponytail. She got out of bed as she yawned and then stretched a bit.

As she was walking to her closet to pick her clothes for the day, the bathroom door opened and out came the blonde-haired boy, but not in his usual suit.

Instead, he was wearing a plain black shirt and grey dress pants. His hair was soft and silky and still a little damp because of his shower. Ivy had never seen Draco in anything except suits and his Slytherin robes.

"Good morning", she said as he came out of the bathroom.

"Morning. I'm, uh-, going up, uh- heading down to, um, for- uh- breakfast. Would you maybe, um, like to join me?" he asked trying not to meet Ivy's eyes.