Chapter 25

"Oh, hell no!"

Ivy woke up to the sound of a loud screech. She hated waking up by startling noises, such as a scream, a ring, an alarm, any noise made by any animal or anything that would startle someone.

She furrowed her eyebrows and slowly opened her eyes. Three figures were hovering over her. She slowly sat up straight and rubbed her eyes, still very sleepy.

"What?" Ivy questioned in a terrifyingly vexed tone. She squinted her eyes to try to see who the figures hovering over her were.

"I told you she'd be furious. She has the exact look that says I-will-not-hesitate-to-unleash-the-Slytherin-in-me-if-you-don't-have-a-valid-reason-to-wake-me-up. You are so dead." One of the voices chuckled. Ivy did not know who it was since she was still a little sleepy.

"What? No, no, you do not have the privilege of asking the questions right now" another angry male sound was heard by Ivy.

A female voice followed, "that is quite enough. Ivy, my dear, why don't you wake up and come downstairs?"

Ivy groaned in protest but knew she had to obey the woman, since it was either her mother or grandmother, and she feared them both equally.

She got out of bed and walked unsteadily towards the door. She rubbed her eyes and yawned after she got out of her room, and closed the door behind her. She followed the female- she soon found out was her mother, and she could hear footsteps following her, meaning the males were following her.

As soon as there was a considerable amount of distance between Ivy's bedroom and them, the three turned towards Ivy who was stretching.

"What?" a confused Ivy questioned as she yawned, once again.

"Ivy, why is Draco Malfoy in your bed lying next to you?"

Her mother's question snapped Ivy into the real world. The thoughts of sleeping in her comfortable bed, in her snuggly silk sheets, in the chilly Christmas air with the sound of firewood crackling, completely left her mind. Instead, they were replaced with questions.

Malfoy, you dimwit. Why didn't you leave? When would he have left? The atmosphere was quite comfortable. How would he have left? The same way he came in, duh. No, he shouldn't have come in the first place. I shouldn't have let him. Oh, Merlin, why did I let him? Ivy's thoughts were disturbed by another question.

"Well?" Marcus questioned with his hands folded in front of his chest and an infuriated expression plastered on his face.

Marcus Flint was very protective of Ivy. Even though they were not related by blood, he considered Ivy his little sister and had vowed to protect her since her actual brother was a blockhead.

Ivy turned pale and did not know what to tell her family. She put her head down and started biting the inside of her lip. She glanced to look at the three of their faces.

Marcus looked like he wanted to murder Draco, but the only thing stopping him was Cecelia. Ivy's mother genuinely seemed to want to know and her face had a hint of glee- which she seemed to be trying to hide but was unsuccessful. While Luke just seemed to be enjoying this a lot.

Ivy opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. How would anything? She did not know what happened last night.

"Ivy? Are you alright? You seem very... pale" Cecelia asked, motherly concern filled in her voice. Ivy tried to nod her head, but her body was unable to move.

"Okay, well, you know what, it does not matter. What is done is done. Why don't you get changed, look presentable, wake him and the two of you could join us for breakfast, yes?" Cecelia stated, making Ivy feel even worse.

This time, Ivy nodded her head, turned around and walked to her bedroom.

What is done is done? What does she mean? Does she think something happened between us yesterday? How do I tell her nothing did? Should I even tell her nothing happened? More questions popped into Ivy's head, making her thoughts completely and utterly disorganised.

She opened the door to her room and saw Draco sitting in bed.

"Morning"

Ivy, still flustered about the events that transpired moments ago, just gave him a slight nod. Knowing this unwelcoming behaviour was unusual for Ivy, Draco got out of bed and stepped closer to Ivy at once.

"Okay, what's wrong?"

"Hmm? My mother, she, uh-, she saw you, with me, uh- us, in bed. Together" Ivy rambled. "She wants us to come to breakfast"

Draco nodded his head and went into the bathroom. How is not as bothered about this as much as I am? Why is not bothered at all? More and more thoughts started flooding in Ivy's head.

Ivy and Draco walked to the dining room together, quietly. The dining-room door opened, revealing Ivy's entire family sitting on the table. Ivy mentally prepared for the uncomfortable breakfast that was going to follow.

--

After the noiseless and tense breakfast, Ivy and Draco walked back to Ivy's room. Not a word was exchanged between them, yet again.

"That went well" Draco commented after they entered Ivy's room.

Ivy was not pleased with Draco's snarky comment. She sat on the edge of her bed and started massaging her temples.

"Are you okay?" Draco asked Ivy with furrowed eyebrows.

"No. No, I am not okay. My parents think something happened last night" Ivy finally had her boil over.

"So?" Draco shrugged

His careless attitude and his gigantic ego were getting on her nerves at the moment.

"So? So, my parents think I did something with you and they must think I am some sort of a-a person who sleeps with men now" Ivy scoffed, unable to understand how Draco could be so calm.

"They are your parents, and they love you, and I am sure they won't think of anyone that way. Besides, we're going to have to get married anyway, so, how does it matter?" Draco jumped to Ivy's side and tried to console Ivy.

"How does it matter? Are you actually asking me that?" Ivy snapped back. "Malfoy, I am not like you. I cannot just ignore what people think of me, especially my family" The words flowed out of Ivy's mouth and she regretted them as soon as they came out of her mouth.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Draco questioned

"No, I- just- that's-" Ivy started, guilt-filled in her voice.

"Like me? I don't care what people think of me? You think I don't care what my family thinks of me?" Draco scoffed.

"I- no, no, of course not"

"And what did I do to have a bad reputation in front of my parents? I did what they told me, what HE told me!" Draco growled. "You say things like 'no one is evil' and yet you continue to think I am corrupt. The big bad Slytherin death eater, who will ruin himself and drag you down with him."

"I do not think that. I... I would never" Ivy said in a low, calming voice.

"Well, your family sure does" Draco scoffed, ruffling his hair as he paced back and forth.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Ivy furrowed her eyebrows.

"Doesn't matter. I think it's best if I leave" Draco scoffed and apparated before Ivy could say anything.