Chapter 26

"Two weeks?!" Jade's loud voice boomed in the hallways.

"Louder Jay, jeez" Ivy elbowed Jade as they continued to walk down the hallway.

"Right, sorry. But Ivy, two weeks? Isn't that a bit too much?" Jade furrowed her eyebrows in concern and questioned in a lowered voice. Ivy shrugged as a response.

"No, stop, stop, let me get this straight. You and Malfoy finally kissed and then spent the night together, and the next morning- meaning Christmas- you fought over something absurd, and instead of sorting it out like grown-ups, you two haven't spoken to each other, since past two weeks?" Jade questioned and her tone getting more and more dejected by each word.

Ivy pouted and nodded as a response to Jade's rhetorical question.

"So where have you been sleeping?" Jade enquired. "I- um, might have been, uh- sneaking off to, uh- the, uh, Hufflepuff common room" Ivy hesitated as she scratched the back of her neck nervously.

She looked to Jade for the first time in the duration of the whole conversation. Jade looked disgruntled and Ivy quickly looked back to the floor as they continued walking.

--

They continued walking aimlessly in silence and stopped when they reached the quidditch pitch. They saw Blaise, Draco and Theo practising with the Slytherin team.

"I didn't know they were on the team" Ivy was the first to speak after a long silence.

"They have humbly agreed to pass their wisdom to the team and advise them on how to keep Slytherin the best Quidditch team. Blaise's words, not mine" Jade replied in a low voice.

"What was that voice?" Ivy turned to Jade with furrowed eyebrows.

"That was my Blaise impression" Jade replied as if it were obvious.

"It was bad"

"It's a- it's a work in progress"

"Don't work on it. It's a waste of time"

"Wow, that was harsh" Jade scoffed and waved to Blaise who waved back and started flying towards them.

"I know, I am sorry. I don't know why I said that. Whoa. Whoa- what are you-" Ivy stuttered as she saw Jade wave Draco and Theo over.

"That, my dear, is your punishment. Hey, Zabini"

Before Ivy could say anything, Blaise hopped off his broom and threw his arm around Jade and kissed her.

"Be careful now, darling. You're going to be a Zabini, too" Blaise smirked earning an eye roll from Jade. Ivy smiled at Blaise and before he could throw a sarcastic comment at Ivy, the three of them were joined by Theo and Draco.

While Theo, Blaise and Jade were conversing, Ivy and Draco were busy avoiding eye contact and awkward chit-chat.

Ivy was trying to sneak a glance at Draco when she heard Jade say, "Ivy was saying the same thing just now, weren't you Ivy?" Ivy snapped her head towards Jade and gave an awkward nod as a response.

"Okay, well we better get going. Got a lot to teach these twats" Blaise smirked. He gave Jade a peck on her cheek and waved goodbye to Ivy. Theo nodded at the girls as a goodbye and Draco just turned away, expressionless.

Ivy and Jade turned around and started walking towards the library.

When there was a considerable amount of distance between them and the quidditch pitch, Ivy elbowed Jade in the stomach.

"Ow, what was that for?" Jade groaned. "You know what" Ivy pouted and continued walking to the library.

--

After spending a few hours studying in the library, Jade took in a sharp breath, indicating something was on her mind.

Jade was not one to express feelings like love or grief. Anger, empathy, confusion, excitement was not a problem for Jade to express, but affection or grief or talking about something that was on her mind, were not.

She would never ask to talk about them, so Ivy had read Jade's behaviour and was now an expert on Jade Williams' emotions.

Ivy inhaled and closed the book she was reading. "Jade Williams, what is on your mind?"

Jade shrugged, "I just- it's just- you and Malfoy, you didn't spend Christmas or New Year's together?" Ivy looked down and shook her head lightly. Jade shook her head in disappointment and let out a small scoff.

"What?" Ivy furrowed her eyebrows.

"Just- never mind"

"Okay"

Ivy knew Jade would give Ivy her opinion even if she did not ask for it, especially when it was about her and Draco. And Ivy not wanting to hear what Jade had to say made her want to tell Ivy even more.

"It's just- you two are-" Jade began.

"Impossible? Yeah, you said that already" Ivy rolled her eyes.

"I am serious Ivy. Listen to me, I love you and I care about you. I have also known you long enough to know what is right for you, and- whether you like it or not- Malfoy is right for you. You two bring out better versions of each other."

"Look at yourself, you have changed so much since the first day I saw you. You've become more confident, bold, strong, self-assured and you voice out your opinions. You've become happier. And Malfoy, well, Malfoy isn't an arse anymore" Jade stated softly and carefully. Ivy let out a small laugh at Jade's last statement.

"I also know that you are smart enough to know it is crucial to talk to him. To make an effort, because he is too proud to make the first move." Jade took Ivy's hand in hers.

Ivy nodded in understanding. "Okay, I'll talk to him"

Jade instantly shot up from her chair, pulled Ivy out of the chair she was sitting in and dragged Ivy along with her.

"What happened? Where are we going?" Ivy quizzed as she was being dragged out of the library by Jade. Jade did not reply and kept dragging Ivy.

Ivy kept on asking questions to Jade as they were walking down the hallway and Jade replied to none of them.

As they were walking, Ivy realised she was being taken to the Astronomy Tower. She then stopped asking any further questions.

--

When Ivy and Jade reached the top of the Astronomy Tower, Jade walked in, pulling Ivy with her. Finally, Jade let go of Ivy and stood in front of her with her hands crossed in front of her.

Ivy continued to ask questions and Jade continued to ignore them and stay silent.

Jade finally spoke up. "I will be right back. stay here." Ivy exhaled and nodded. Jade walked out of the room.

A few moments later, Ivy heard footsteps behind her. Ivy turned around and instead of seeing Jade, she saw the person she was not planning on looking at for some hours.

Draco Malfoy.

Before either of the two could say or do anything, they heard the door close and lock behind them.