Chapter 19- Part 4

Ivy and Draco walked a few steps away from the house.

"So, how was it?" Ivy asked Draco the million-dollar question.

"This is one of the very few dinners I've enjoyed in my life," Draco answered after taking a sharp breath.

"Good, good, I'm glad. What did my grandfather and father want?" Ivy asked with furrowed eyebrows.

It was snowing a tad bit and the air was chilly. Ivy folded her hands across her chest and rubbed her arms as she shivered slightly.

"You are freezing. Go inside the house, Rose. You might catch a cold." Draco said with a commanding voice but with a concerned expression. Ivy nodded and walked back to the porch.

"Good night, Malfoy"

"Good night, Rose"

Ivy walked back inside the house after watching Draco apparate and joined her family in their drawing-room.

The drawing-room was the most comfortable and the largest room of the Rose Mansion. It did not have wallpaper but instead was painted in a beautiful shade of eggshell white. There was a large fireplace to the right of the room. There was a family portrait hanging above the fireplace. 

There was a large grey couch place on the opposite side of the fireplace. There were two matching large chairs next to the couch. In the middle of the circle, the chairs, couch and fireplace formed was a wooden coffee table with a tiny flower arrangement placed on it.

There was a large fur carpet laid under the coffee table that covered the spotless marble floor. To the side of the couch and chairs was a bookshelf and behind all of these was a large piano.

The room had two large windows on the wall behind the piano, which displayed a beautiful view of the Mansion's well-maintained backyard.

Ivy's entire family was sitting in the room. She stood next to the chair her grandfather was seated in and asked everyone, "So? First impressions?"

Everyone looked at each other with a serious expression, which made Ivy very nervous. Everyone, except Amelia, broke into laughter looking at the worried expression on Ivy's face.

"Oh darling, it does not matter what we think of the boy, what matters is what we think of you together." Elliot started, "and we think, nay, we know"

"You are perfect for each other, dearest" Cecelia finished and clapped her hands together.

"Cece, I was about to say that. Why would you say that?" Elliot groaned. "Oh Eli, you know exactly why I did that. You were taking so long and your pauses were making the poor girl edgier" Cecelia rolled her eyes.

"Wait, so, you liked him?" Ivy questioned still a little worried.

"We liked him for you. One meeting does not decide if we like him as a person or not, but from what we heard and more importantly, saw, we know you are perfect for each other." Cecelia informed in a reassuring tone.

"Oh, thank Merlin! We were so worried" Ivy jumped and hugged her grandfather who was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Yes, well, we still never said anything about the boy so, don't get your hopes up yet, Ivy," Amelia said in a smug tone. She sounded like Lucius Malfoy.

Ivy raised her eyebrow at the words that came out of her grandmother's mouth and she let out a confused chuckle. "What is that supposed to mean? We have to get married either way so-"

Amelia let out a sarcastic chuckle and cut Ivy by saying, "you severely underestimate my abilities, love. The ministry will bend the rules if I ask them to."

"But, why would you do that? Everyone likes him and-"

"Because I do not wish for you to turn into Narcissa"

"That is quite enough, Amelia" Nathaniel interrupted but neither Amelia nor Ivy were going to listen to him.

"What does that even mean?" Ivy continued.Both of them had their voices raised and an angry tone was the only tone audible.

"I do not want that Malfoy boy to drag you through his problems like his father did Narcissa," Amelia said, all the calmness and elegance went and a tone of hatred and disgust was the only thing audible.

Ivy could not believe what she had just heard. She scoffed and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

--

Ivy heard a knock on her bedroom door. The opened and revealed her grandfather. "I'm sorry I slammed the door, regretted it the instant I did it. And, yes, I will apologise to grandmother as well" Ivy started before her grandfather could say anything.

"Why should you apologise? No, no, Amelia was the one who went too far. And we deserved the slam."

Ivy exhaled and nodded as her grandfather made his way to her bed and sat at the edge of it. Ivy got up and took a seat beside him.

"Cheer up kiddo, I will talk to her. I like the boy, not just for you, but in general"

"Really?"Nathaniel nodded and Ivy hugged him. "You're the best."

"I know. Now, get some sleep. You have to go back to Hogwarts tomorrow."

Ivy nodded and got into the silk sheets of her bed. Her grandfather turned off the lights on his way out and before she could know it, Ivy fell into a deep slumber.