Chapter 9

Ivy woke up first today. She was excited about classes finally starting. She had, after all, waited 3 years for this day. She took a shower, changed and started to comb her when she heard Draco wake up. She opened the bathroom door as she was tying her hair into a ponytail. "Good morning," she said more cheerful than ever.

Draco just nodded his head in acknowledgement as he rubbed his eyes. He could sense she was excited and he was not going to let anyone ruin her mood.

He too, got up and took a shower and got changed. When he left the bedroom, he saw Ivy sitting on the couch, reading a book. He lightly cleared his throat indicating he was ready. She got up and they both walked out of their room.

As they got out of the room, they saw Ophelia come out of her and Imran's room, and even she was as cheerful as Ivy.

They both giggled and walked downstairs where they saw Blaise, Jade and Imran talking. As soon as Blaise and Imran saw Ophelia, Draco and Ivy, they jumped and walked suspiciously fast to the Great Hall. Ivy and Draco gave Jade a confused look who explained that they were starving.

--

They had breakfast at the Slytherin table as they discussed their schedules. Soon, Pansy and Archie also joined them at the table.

After breakfast, they left for their classes. Everyone except Imran, Ophelia, Archie, Daphne and Theo had potions.

As they were walking to potions, they were given a considerable amount of looks. Some were meant for the Slytherins while some were for Ivy. Jade noticed Ivy's uneasiness and linked their arms as a show of support. Ivy gave her a thankful smile as they continued to walk.

They finally reached the potions classroom and Slughorn had not come yet. They sat down, while everyone glared at Ivy. Someone whispered 'coward' in Ivy's ear, loud enough for her friends to hear. This made Ivy's bright smile die down a bit.

Draco slowly whispered something to Jade without Ivy noticing. Jade nodded and asked Ivy to accompany her to their living quarters since she forgot something. Ivy agreed and they left.

As soon as Ivy left, Draco slapped his hand on his desk which caught people's attention and started. "Listen up. Since it wasn't clear yesterday, I'll repeat what I said. If anyone is seen or heard talking about Ivy Rose, they will have to deal with me. Understood?"

"What are you going to do Malfoy? Tell your death-eater daddy?" an over smart Gryffindor questioned and everyone giggled.

Then a fuming Draco looked at the Gryffindor "why don't you find out?" which making everyone quiet down.

Then another girl got up and said, "what, you're going to do something to girls too?" to which Pansy replied "he won't need to because I will" as she glared at the girl and took out her wand which made the girl sit down.

"Spread the word, anyone seen even thinking about Ivy Rose will be dealt by us", Blaise said pointing towards himself, Draco and Pansy as they smirked.

A few minutes later, Slughorn came into the class and so did Ivy and Jade. They were told to make a potion and everyone obeyed. Ivy was sitting next to Draco with Blaise and Jade opposite them. Pansy was sitting with some other Slytherins.

--

Draco had already made his potion and was sitting with his hands behind his head as he watched Ivy struggle to make the potion. Ivy could see him smirk at her from the corner of her eye.

Finally, she turned to him and said, "the smirking and staring aren't helping Malfoy". His smirk grew even more after she said this.

"You want help? Just ask for it," he said as he grinned.

"I never said anything about needing help. I can manage perfectly well, thank you," she muttered as she turned back to her cauldron.

"Doesn't look like it" Draco said eyeing her cauldron, which was doing something it certainly should not do. "But whatever, I'll take your word for it"

Sometime later, Ivy finally gave in and turned to Draco who was smirking at her. "Could you please help me with this potion, Malfoy?" she asked hesitantly.

"I would love to, Rose", he said as his smirk grew. He shifted his seat towards Ivy's and got closer to her cauldron.

He mixed some herbs in Ivy's cauldron, which seemed to stop the liquid inside to stop bubbling. He put some more ingredients after he chopped them with ease. The liquid changed its colour and soon started to look like the liquid in Draco's cauldron. After a minute of stirring, the liquid looked like a decent potion.

Looking at that, Ivy's eyes lit up and she giggled like a baby. Draco looked at the girl, amused. She looked at him and thanked him and he graciously accepted. Before long, the bell rang and everyone started to leave.

As they got out of the class, Pansy excitedly blurted, "that was so fun. I missed doing that".

As soon as she had said that Draco and Blaise shot their heads towards Pansy and widened their eyes. Pansy also regretted saying that, as she knew Ivy would not agree with their method to get people to stop mistreating her.

"Huh, I never knew you liked potions so much, Pansy. Guess you're full of mysteries, aren't you?" Ivy giggled as she fixed the position of her bag on her shoulder.

Blaise and Draco sighed in relief as they knew Ivy was clearly in the dark about their little stunt. 

"Heh, I guess I am", Pansy said equally relieved.

"Anyways, I am headed to the library. Ophelia and I made plans to study. Anyone wants to join?" Ivy asked as all of them walked out of the classroom. Blaise, Pansy and Jade groaned but Draco stayed silent.

"I will take that as a 'no'. Okay then, see you all later. Bye," Ivy said as if she expected that answer and walked away.

She heard footsteps advancing towards her. She turned around to see Draco and couldn't help but be surprised. "Malfoy? You're joining me? To study?"

"Yeah, try not to get distracted" he smirked as he slowed his pace to match Ivy's speed. Ivy just scoffed and they continued to walk in silence.