Chapter 11

"Where are we going Malfoy?", Ivy asked as she followed Draco out of Hogwarts.

"Merlin, you ask a lot of questions. Just trust me, Rose", Draco chuckled as he shook his head lightly. Ivy pouted and continued to follow the blonde.

Eventually, they reached their destination. It was a perfect spot. It was a remote end of the black lake. The trees around it shaded the spot and the water of the black lake kept the spot cold. There was a perfect opening through the trees which faced the breath-taking sunset. The sky was especially stunning that day.

The sky was covered in colures as they mixed. Yellow mixed with orange and gave a golden tint to the sky. There were slight lines of an ethereal pink mixing with a reddish tint. There were shades of purple and white and blue in the sky. It was majestic.

Ivy could not believe the serene sunset in front of her was real. She was mesmerised by the vision in front of her. As she was taking in the view, Draco offered her his hand so she could walk lower. She graciously took it and walked down the slope.

She sat cross-legged as Draco lay on his back with his hands behind his head and closed his eyes. A breeze flew by and it made both of them shiver a bit.

Ivy took a quick peek at Draco. She had never seen him like this. So relaxed, at peace. She noticed things about him she never had before.

Like how, recently, he had stopped applying gel to hair as much as he used to. How the unhealthy skin she had seen on the first day had changed to how it was before when he was not dragged into the war. How he had become cockier and fun. Like he used to be. How he had become a child again. How he had become more human. She was happy to see him like this. Happy.

Ivy shifted closer to Draco and lay on her back with her hands on her abdomen as she looked up to the spectacular, multicoloured sky. Draco felt someone beside him and his eyes immediately shot open as he sat upright. Ivy did not anticipate for him to react this way and sat upright as well.

"Sorry, I just-" Ivy started as she did not wish to startle him.

"What? No, don't be sorry. I just uh-" Draco said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh, no, no, you don't need to explain. It's fine. We should head back anyway, it is almost time for dinner" Ivy said as she got up. Looking at her, Draco also got up and nodded his head and they walked back to Hogwarts, silently as usual, except this time, it was awkward.

--

They got to the Great Hall to see all their friends already there, sitting at the Slytherin table. They walked up to them and sat away from each other.

"About time you got here. Where were you two?" Blaise asked as he ate his chicken.

"None of your business Zabini", Draco spat as he served himself some food. Ivy just stayed silent and did the same.

"Just making conversation, jeez" Blaise retorted and threw his hands up. The rest of them continued chattering, while Draco and Ivy just kept quiet and chewed on their food.

After dinner, all eight of them walked back to their living quarters. Ivy noticed Pansy and Archie walk together and laugh at something one of them said.

Theo and Daphne were as usual walking hand-in-hand in front of everyone. Blaise and Jade were walking with Draco and Ivy which made their walk a little less awkward.

Even Jade and Blaise seemed like they were starting to get along. How could they not? Jade was practically the female version of Blaise, Ivy thought as she watched them argue about quidditch.

Not long after, all of them reached their living quarters. Theo muttered the password and all of them got inside their cosy common room.

Theo sat on one of the chairs and Daphne sat on his lap. Archie, Pansy and Jade sat on the couch and Blaise sat on the floor, right next to Jade's feet. Draco sat on the couch, hoping Ivy would sit next to him on the armrest. But she didn't. She sat on the chair, very far from where Draco was sitting.

Sometime later, the eight of them were joined by Imran and Ophelia, who came back from their date. As they walked in, Draco hoped Ivy would get up as to let them sit on the chair and come to sit next to him.

As she got up to let them sit, Ophelia muttered the words Draco certainly did not wish to be muttered. "Oh no it's fine, Vee. We're pretty tired so we are not staying". Ivy sighed and sat back down, a bit of relief on her face. Ophelia and Imran wished everyone a good night and went back to their room. The next to leave were Theo and Daphne.

"Hey, you know what we haven't done in a while? Had a party. I mean we used to party all the time. Everyone needs alcohol in these difficult times, don't they?" Blaise said as he smirked. Everyone immediately knew where this was going.

"Are you suggesting we throw a good, old-fashioned, Slytherin rave, Zabini?" Pansy asked as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"That is exactly what I am suggesting, Who's in?"

Jade agreed instantly, Archie and Ivy agreed hesitantly, and Draco just shrugged.

"Great. We'll ask Greengrass and Richards tomorrow".

"Why just the girls and not the boys?" Archie asked.

"Because we know the boys are in" Pansy replied in a tone that was not rude.

--

As it got late, the remaining decided to go to bed as well. Draco opened the door for Ivy and she thanked him as she entered. Once inside, she instantly rushed to the bedroom to change into her pyjamas. She rummaged through her closet but couldn't find any.

Draco could hear the slams of Ivy's closet doors and he knew she was looking for something. He entered the room, which she did not seem to notice.

A few minutes passed and she still could not find her pyjamas. Draco came out of the bathroom, changed in his pyjamas- sweatpants and a loose t-shirt- and finally asked her what was wrong. She answered him as she sighed and sat on the corner of the bed.

On hearing her response, Draco went to his closet and took out a pair of clothes and handed them to Ivy. She looked down at his clothes and gave him an unclear look. "It is my old pair of nightwear. You can take them, they're too small for me anyway" he explained.

"Oh. Well, um, thank you"

She changed into the pyjamas that fit her perfectly. She couldn't help but notice they smelled like him. That brought a slight smile to her face.

Draco was sitting on the bed, reading a book when Ivy came out. She thanked him and left the room before he could say anything. She got comfortable on the couch and fell asleep before she knew it.

Hi!

I am so sorry for the late update. I've just been very busy with schoolwork. I will try my best to make sure I update regularly.

Anyways, I hope everyone likes this chapter :)

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day <3