Chapter 20

Ivy woke up and felt different. Knowing Draco isn't in the next room, was strange. She shook the thoughts away and got out of her bed. She put her hair in a ponytail and got into her bathroom to shower and change her clothes.

She came out wearing a mustard-coloured dungaree dress, with a black full-sleeved turtleneck under it. She tied her hair in a bun and wore over-the-knee black heels. She walked down to the dining room for some breakfast.

She saw her parents sitting at the table. She greeted them and sat across them. Sunny served Ivy with some breakfast, earning a thank you from Ivy.

There was no sound, except the clanging to cutlery, during breakfast. As Ivy was done, Luke came into the room for breakfast. He too was served by Sunny. Luke was supposed to apparate Ivy to Hogwarts after breakfast.

--

Ivy's family said their goodbyes to her as they were standing in the hallway. Her parents and grandfather hugged her, while her grandmother stood behind with an egoistic look on her face. Ivy ignored her grandmother and left the house with Luke. They held hands and Ivy shut her eyes.

She opened her eyes and found herself and Luke at the same spot Ivy and Draco apparated from.

"Stay safe, troll-brain" Luke punched Ivy, who instantly punched him back. They stayed silent for a moment, then Ivy started walking towards Hogwarts.

"Malfoy seems to like you. I mean he wore something other than his suit for you, so I think he's whipped. Grandmother will come around." Luke said before Ivy got too far. She inhaled and nodded.

Luke waved before he apparated away and Ivy continued walking towards the castle.

--

As she entered her living quarters, everyone cheered and got up to hug her. She smiled and hugged everyone back. She went to her room and kept her bag and returned to the common room.

Theo was sitting in the chair with Daphne on his lap. Draco was on the other chair and Ivy walked up to him and sat on the armrest. Imran was sitting on the couch with Ophelia on the armrest next to him. Beside Imran was Archie with his hand behind Pansy who had rested her head on his shoulder. Jade was sitting next to Pansy and Blaise was sitting cross-legged on the floor, between Jade's feet.

The atmosphere in the common room was very homey. It was snowing outside which kept the room chilly, and there were sounds of overlapping conversations and laughter and the fire crackling in the fireplace, which made the room not-so-cold.

Ivy missed this. All of her friends were in the same room, chatting and laughing. Lately, they had been divided into groups of four and would not hang out together like they used to.

Everyone started to discuss what they were going to do that Yule. The one common thing everyone had on their agenda was the Malfoy's Christmas ball. Jade, Archie, Imran and Ophelia were not invited since the ball was mostly for pureblood families. However, Blaise was bringing Jade as his date and Pansy was bringing Archie as hers.

The girls started discussing what they were going to wear and finally, after a long conversation, came to the conclusion that they would go dress shopping one day. Meanwhile, the boys were talking about quidditch.

As everyone was busy with their conversations, they lost track of time. They remembered about lunch when the bell rang and rushed down to the Great Hall.

--

During lunch, the headmaster announced they would have their annual Hogsmede visit in two weeks. Excited cheers filled the Great Hall.

"Oh, maybe we could shop for dresses during our visit," Daphne said excitedly and the girls nodded their heads in agreement, while the boys groaned in objection.

"No. There is no way any of you are shopping during our Hogsmede visit" Archie stated and all the boys hummed in agreement.

"Just because we are dating does not mean you make our decisions for us. We are going and that is final unless you can give us a good enough reason to not shop." Pansy stated and the girls agreed again.

"Well, what are we supposed to do while you lot are off shopping?" Theo questioned.

"What do you expect? Shop with us." Ophelia answered and the boys started groaning and giving each other expressions of disagreement. Draco and Blaise looked at Ivy and mouthed 'help us.' Ivy chucked. "Nobody said you couldn't go to the three broomsticks while we are shopping." Ivy pointed out.

The girls whipped their heads towards Ivy with betrayed looks on their faces and the boys all gave out relieved sighs. Looking at the girls' looks, Ivy started explaining why she said what she said.

"Men will only slow us down and keep pestering us. This way, we can shop with complete peace and our dresses will remain a secret to them." The girls agreed with this statement. "This way everyone is happy and we can join them in the three broomsticks after we're done." Jade finished and Ivy nodded.

The rest of the lunch was normal. Everyone was busy in their conversations and enjoyed the delicious meal in front of them.

--

The rest of the afternoon was spent at the library by the group. Ivy made sure to read and take notes for three days' worth of work since she had done no studying in the past two days.

At sunset, everyone left and it was only Ivy and Draco in the library. Ivy was studying while Draco was just sitting there to give her company.

After Ivy was done, both of them walked out of the library and towards their room.

The rest of the day flit by quickly. However, Ivy and Draco fell asleep in the same bed that night after having a conversation about their childhoods.