Chapter 34

Today, Ivy did not wake up with her fiancée next to her. She woke up at the sound of dishes clanging, her mother screaming at people, her grandmother correcting people and tables and chairs screeching.

However, she did not care, because today was Christmas and her wedding day. She took a deep breath as she prepared herself for the crazy day that was ahead of her. The day many little girls dream of.

She looked out of her window to see pale snow falling. She enjoyed the peace of her room, the warmth of the firewood, the comfort of her silk sheets, for as long as she could. Her peace was disturbed by a certain blonde apparating into her room.

She gasped dramatically and jumped out of her bed as if she was not expecting this. "Well, well, well, look at wh-" She was interrupted by Draco placing a kiss on her warm lips.

"Good morning to you, too" Draco smirked. He walked to Ivy's bed and sat on the edge of it.

"Draco, I love you, but you need to leave" Ivy informed Draco and walked into her bathroom to brush her teeth and look presentable.

"Darling, I need to check up on everything and everyone, I need to eat because I am going to starve for the rest of the day, I need to make sure nobody gets killed by my mum, your mum, my grandmother, your father, Pansy, Jade, Blaise or Aria. I need to go to the venue and get ready and make sure everyone is ready and make sure to stay sane in the process"

Ignoring everything Ivy said, Draco only said, "you called me darling" Ivy rolled her eyes and put up her murderous glare. Draco immediately received the message and apparated away. Not before giving her a goodbye kiss.

--

As soon as Ivy came downstairs, she was showered with questions. She was answering questions whilst eating until her grandmother shooed everyone away.

"Questions to be directed towards anyone except the bride and groom, do you not know how stressed one is on their wedding day. Out everyone, now" Amelia ordered and everyone hurried away.

"Thanks, grandma. I just need to eat. Famished" Ivy said as she chewed.

"Don't talk while you chew, my dear"

"Right, sorry"

A silence followed. But Ivy knew just what to say. "Grandma, I never thanked you for this" Ivy said pointing to her ring.

Amelia chuckled and shook her head. "I should've done that months ago. The Malfoy boy loves you and you love him, and that is enough. I never should've intervened"

"I would never have realised I loved him if it wasn't for you. And for that I thank you, your highness" Ivy gave Amelia a sarcastic bow. Amelia laughed and excused herself to go check on the wedding decorations.

--

Ivy apparated to the venue of her wedding. When she reached there without any hesitation, she inwardly thanked Draco for teaching her.

She looked around the huge yard covered in blush pink, greenery and cinnamon rose- the colour palette for their wedding. A carpet leading to the altar was placed with seats arranged on both sides of it. There were tables and chairs arranged for dinner inside the barn.

Workers were cleaning the place as they were instructed by a fuming Narcissa. Spells were being cast over the furniture to be arranged perfectly by an irritated Pansy who had given up on the workers.

Jade, being the maid of honour, was making sure everything was perfect for Ivy. Sunny was instructing the cooks about making food the way Ivy likes it. Daphne and Cecelia were taking care of the guests who had come early.

Ivy took a deep breath in as she prepared to get married in just a few hours. She walked to the kitchen to eat some of the delectable food. She scanned the pots of food and decided to eat the cauldron cakes.

Before she could put the cake in her mouth, it was swatted out of her hands by Sunny. And as she was about to protest, she was pulled out of the kitchen by Jade.

Ivy furrowed her brows as she was being pulled inside the room with 'Bride' engraved on it.

Jade clapped her hands and instructed Ivy to sit on the chair in front of the mirror. Ivy obeyed.

A few seconds later, men and women with wands in their hands, came in the room dragging huge bags behind them.

"I will be back in a few minutes to check and get my hair and make-up done. Until then, work your magic people" Jade informed. The people nodded and began to work their magic.