01

Drapetomania (n.)- The overwhelming urge to run away

)- The overwhelming urge to run away

Aurelia Moreno

A voice said, "Good morning, Aurelia. It's time for you to get up."

As I turned away from the person, I mumbled, "Five minutes more."

"Since it is already morning, you must get up. Your parents are already waiting for you downstairs "With a chuckle, the voice added.I'm surprised. When I look around, I notice a maid smiling at me.

"Come on, they've been waiting for a long time. You don't want them to be kept waiting, do you?" She remarked, pointing to the clock on my room's wall. What do these people expect from me so early in the morning? It's fucking eight o'clock in the morning.

"Can I have 5 more minutes to wake up?" I inquire, pulling my blanket over my head to shield my face from the brightness of the light streaming into my bedroom.

"OK," she says as she moves towards the door, "but please be downstairs in no more than twenty minutes." She added while taking the doorhandle and stepping out into the hallway.But, before shutting the door, she smiled and said, "Your parents are waiting." She then exited my room, closing the door.

I grumble as I stand up and enter my bathroom. I quickly get ready and then choose and put on my clothing. I emerged from my room and proceeded down the stairs to the kitchen, where I observed the cook preparing a wonderful breakfast.

"Morning, can you please prepare me some maple syrup pancakes and a fruit dish this morning?" I inquired, and he nodded. I was ready to leave when it dawned to me, "Oh, and don't forget the extra tiny pancakes." I grinned and exited the kitchen, entering the dining room.

"Good morning, Aurelia," my father says, his smile covered behind his hand as he swallows some pastry.

"Morning," I murmur grumpily as I settle into my chair and gaze out the window, at New York's beautiful scenery. I could see the sun beaming and hear the bustling streets. We resided in the heart of Manhattan, with a stunning view of some of the city's highlights. Though it was much busier here than in Queens or Brooklyn.

"Aurelia," my father sternly said. "huh?" I inquired, my gaze fixed on him. He indicated to a maid standing next to me, holding my breakfast. "Thank you," I said as I smiled at her and took it from her. She lowered her head and smiled before heading to the kitchen.

"You need to be more aware of your surroundings. What if there's a prospective assailant nearby who wants to stab you? However, you are more concerned with the weather than with your surroundings." my father stated.

"She has only recently awoken, Leo. Before you criticize her, give her a chance to wake up." Looking at my father, my mother remarked. In every crisis, my mother has always been there for me.She was a typical girl living in a little apartment with her lovely family in France before she got into the mafia business, because of my father. To be honest, her family was wealthy, but it didn't appear to bother her.

I've met a lot of rich girls my age, but they're mostly boring. Except for one girl, whose name I can't recall; I had a crush on her, but her family moved away from America to another nation whose name I can't quite remember. She was absolutely adorable and we used to have a lot of fun when we were children; now she must be somewhere around 18 years old, the same age as me, and most likely has a boyfriend.Yes, I knew she didn't like girls from the beginning.

Dad hurriedly slammed his lips shut. In silence, we finish the last bites of breakfast. I got up and went to the gym once I finished. I needed to work out a little more. I haven't done much in the last several months, so my body is weaker, and we have a mission coming up in a few days, most likely tomorrow, so I need to catch up if I want to participate.

🀱

When my Mother entered the gym, I had already been working out for almost an hour. She gave me a friendly smile and motioned for me to continue. I came to a halt and removed my headphones.

"Mom?" I questioned as I wiped the sweat from my forehead with a towel.

She chuckled and said, "I just wanted to see you." Something had to have happened.

"Well, either way, I was done." I remarked it as I approached her and sat down. "What are your true desires, Mom?" I let out a sigh.

"Nothing but watching my own child do what she enjoys. Isn't it possible for a mother to do just that?" She gave me a kind smile. Working out isn't my favorite activity, but it kept me engaged, which was beneficial.

"All right, I'm going to take a shower and then we'll chat, okay?" She nodded as I sighed. I hurriedly showered in the ensuite bathroom. Then I changed into something more comfortable and returned to the gym, only to find my mother sitting on one of the couches.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I ask as I take a seat next to her.

She shrugged and said, "Nothing, just wanted to see you."

I deadpanned and turned to face her, saying, "Mom, I know you." She appeared to be an exact replica of me, or rather, I appeared to be an exact replica of her. When I was a baby, I looked more like my father, but as I grew older, I began to resemble my mother.

Her dark brown hair was laying across her shoulders, and her chocolate brown eyes were watching me intently. Mom had a fantastic sense of style and preferred to dress in more modern attire with a hint of glamour. "Anyway, I've got to get going." As she stood up and walked upstairs, she smiled at me. As she does so, I give her a pleasant smile.

"Aurelia, we have to discuss about the mission," my father says as he walks in. Standing up, I ask, "Yes, Dad?"

"Come along with me. Do we would really want to talk here?" He motions for me to take the stairwell towards his office. I followed him, and we arrived shortly after.

As other men entered the room, I sat down next to him in the chair.

I actually didn't want to post this early,
but guess what...
anyways happy new year guys, it's currently 2am where I live and I wanted to post this as soon as possible. I hope that this will be the best year of your life.

Happy new year
Godt Nytår
Onnellista Uutta Vuotta
Bonne Année
Buon Capo d'Anno / Felice anno nuovo
gelüüig nyjaar
Szczesliwego Nowego Roku
Feliz ano novo
S Novym Godom
Gott Nytt År
Feliz Año Nuevo
Scastny Novy Rok
Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
Boldog Új Évet
Frohes Neues Jahr

This chapter is edited