10

Aurelia Moreno

Aurelia Moreno

And then he stopped. He quickly stepped back and looked at me cursing under his breath. I only saw his figure running up the stairs.

What was his problem. I just stood there looking into the void. After some time I decided to go back into the ballroom. Sofia most likely was looking for me. I don't fucking know how to tell her. And when should I even tell her? I mean I just can't go to her and say 'oh and by the way I marrying your brother. But not as in love as in an arranged marriage.'

I got into the ballroom and went straight to Sofia. "Hey were where you?" she asked watching as the people on the dance floor.

"Just outside watching stars and such, enjoying the fresh summer air" I smiled.

"Oh yeah I love watching the stars at late summer nights" she smiled back "You know we have to do something like this, maybe this week" she looked up at the ceiling "For how long are you staying, we have to plan everything" she looked at me, uh how long am I staying and how am I gonna tell her about this thing with her brother. But she will probably see this as a good thing, we wanted to be sisters for so long, and now we will finally be. But that's not the right moment to tell her, hell I'm not even realizing it.

"Uhm I would say for some months surely" I smiled

"Okay so we have plenty of time and plenty of things to do" she smiled back "What do you think we can do?" Oh I have thought so many times about this, what I wanna do with my best friend in the near future or late future doesn't really care.

I wanna go to New York or Los Angeles. I wanna see the polar lights and go to china. I wanna go to China so bad, the food, the culture, the people, everything. China is literally something I wanna do so bad and of course safari, finally being able to see giraffes in real life and of course zebras, elephants, lions and other animals. But giraffes. What else do I wanna do?

Explore Italy. Not big cities in Italy more like little ones or even villages. I heard that some of them are quite beautiful. And then I want to eat pizza at a little restaurant with a beautiful view over what ever we are.

I wanna go to England, having somewhat bad weather for a week or something like this and exploring London. Eating an English breakfast with eggs and stuff like this and baked beans never had them before.

Germany, I wanna go to Germany and eat the food there. Did you know that they eat raw meat? Well I did. I wanna see these people with dirndls and their beer (ok that might be reproachful because I don't think that they were it every day).

I wanna go to Brazil and see these cool beaches that everyone is talking about.

Some people told me that New Zealand is quite interesting too, they have beautiful nature, but now let's be honest I don't wanna see nature all the time. And I was in New Zealand before, when I was 5 but don't care. It was 15 years ago, I don't remember a thing.

"I wanna go swimming in the ocean with dolphins or something like this" Sofia said. Oh no I'm not gonna go into the ocean, I hate it when I don't know what's under me or swims with me. And have you see Wales, no they are so big I can't swim.

"No, we could go on safari seeing other wild animals but I will not swim with dolphins in the ocean" I tried to talk her out of it.

"Why not?" she asked, I sighed.

"You don't really know what's bellow you" I said

"Yeah you're right but-" she was cut of by a bang. Everyone in the room screams and runs to get out of the room. People are shot and fall to the ground, I look around to find my mom and dad when someone throws me and the ground and get on top of me.

"Go away" I scream, you can't really hear me because of the other people screaming I look up to seeing Luciano shielding me with his body "What are you doing Luciano?" I asked him, while staring at him with wide eyes.

"What does it look like? I'm trying to help you, so you won't get shot" Dumbass, of course I know that he's trying that I won't die, but why is he doing it? I look around, people are running and trying to get somewhere safe. Some don't make it and fall to the ground, lifeless. I hear children crying and calling for their parents and I could see men coming into the room with guns trying to shoot every person in the room.

I could see Luciano taking out a gun, out of his pants, and pointing it at men, shooting them.

"Okay so here is the plan we will get up and run to this door there" he pointed at a door that was farthest away "Then you are going to go up the stairs" I nod "and go to the last door, go inside close and lock the door" I nod again "Okay we are gonna go when I say go" he says while he is getting of of me so I can run.

"Go" he said and takes my hand. Both of us ran as fast as we could and soon we were out of the room and in a hallway, he closes the door behind us and I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. We stayed with our back against the door for some seconds just breathing before I glanced down at my shoes.

I saw that we were still holding hands, I let go as fast as I could. He looked down at his handed looks up at me "Ok so now go upstairs and do what I told you, I will get you when it's safe okay?" I just nod " Okay go" I run as fast as I could in my dress and these shoes, which aren't perfect for running, and went the stairs into the last room. I closed the door behind me. After I've heard the click sound ,signaling me that the door was locked, I turned around and looked around the room.

The first thing I saw was a bed. A big bed, the room was decorated in darker colors. I saw an office desk with a laptop and two doors. I opened the first one just to see a big bathroom. After looking around the bathroom, which was more white and gray, I went out of it and opened the next door which showed a big closed with many clothes. But they didn't fill the whole room. It was just the half, the other half was free. I liked the room. It was modern but not to modern.

I went into the main room again and went to a big window ,that I didn't notice before because it was dark outside. I looked out and saw the beautiful backyard with it's flowers. It could have been such a beautiful peace moment.

But I could hear the screams of people down stairs and thought about Mom and Dad and where they could've went for safety. I thought about where Sofia went, she was next to me the exact moment maybe Luciano took care of her and brought here somewhere safe. Somewhere where she wouldn't be found by these people.

I sat down on the bed and look at the room decor a bit before falling asleep. The last sound I heard was like a door opening and then closing again.