Chapter LXVII

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

As the Sound Four got ready to move, Tayuya noticed something.

Tayuya: Wait. Look!

The others saw a flash of white hair before (Y/N) landed on the tree branch Sasuke was on.

Kidomaru: Is that the kid that defeated Shiki?

Sakon: Damn. Should we risk it?

Jirobo: I think we should wait and see.

Meanwhile, (Y/N) glared at Sasuke.

(Y/N): What the hell's up with you today? You're taking emo to a whole new level that I didn't even know was possible.

Sasuke: Leave me alone right now. I'm not in the mood.

(Y/N) rolled his eyes and smacked Sasuke's head.

Sasuke: Ow! What the hell?

(Y/N): You're going to tell me what's going on. Why did you and Naruto get into a fight. And don't bullshit your way out of this one. You were going to use Chidori on him!

Sasuke didn't say anything. He looked away, causing (Y/N) to growl.

Suddenly, wire appeared out of nowhere and tied Sasuke to the tree. He struggled to get out.

Kakashi appeared on the tree branch, standing next to (Y/N).

Sasuke: What's this all about?

Kakashi: Sorry, but I knew you wouldn't want to sit still for a lecture, so I figured I would have to pin you down.

(Y/N): <sweatdropping> You may want to use a better choice of words next time, Kakashi-sensei.

The Sound Four watched all of this happen from the nearby rooftop.

Kidomaru: As I recall, that's Kakashi the Copy Ninja.

Tayuya: Oh, great.

Sasuke glared at Kakashi.

Kakashi: Sasuke... Forget about something like revenge.

Sasuke: What?

Kakashi: In this work, I've met a lot of guys who feel the way you do. Trust me, for those who follow the path of revenge... it never ends well. You'll only tear yourself apart, and even if you succeed and you get your revenge, what will you have then? Nothing. Emptiness.

Sasuke: Shut up! What makes you think you know anything about it?! It's easy for you to talk, you have no idea!

Kakashi: Easy. Just try to calm down.

Sasuke: Maybe if I was to kill the most important people in your life, everyone whose ever meant anything, maybe then I'd listen to you. Because maybe then you'll have some idea of how I feel!

(Y/N): <angry> Sasuke... You're treading dangerous waters, now.

Kakashi: Hm. It's an interesting theory... but I'm afraid you're a little late to test. Everyone you're talking about has already been killed.

Sasuke and (Y/N) were both shocked.

Kakashi: I've lived longer than you have. I've seen my share of troubles. I know all too well the agony of losing something. And (Y/N) has too, remember?

(Y/N) didn't speak.

Kakashi: So, it looks like none of us have lived a charmed life exactly, have we? Still, we're not all that bad off. At least all of us have found new comrades to help fill the void. And you two still have each other. You both have felt the same pain.