Chapter XXX

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

The battle between Dosu and Chōji was over fast. Chōji was defeated much more easily than (Y/N) anticipated.

As the medics carried Chōji away, Hayate walked into the center of the arena and raised his hand.

Hayate: With this, the preliminaries for the third exam is completed.

(Y/N): Finally. These took forever.

Sakura: I wonder what the third exam is going to be.

Soon, Anko, Ibiki, Hayate, and the Third Hokage called all of the victors into the middle of the arena.

(Y/N), Naruto, Shikamaru, Temari, Kankurō, Gaara, Neji, Shino, and Dosu stood in front of them.

Hayate: To everyone who has advanced to the final round of the third test of the Chūnin Exams— there's one person who's missing, but, congratulations.

(Y/N): So what are the details of the final round?

Hokage: In the final round, each of you will put your battle skills on display. You'll demonstrate the power and control that you've achieved in your respective discipline. Accordingly, the final battles will commence one month from now.

Naruto: Wait, we're not gonna do it right here and now?

Hokage: This is to provide a suitable period of preparation. In addition to announcing the conclusion to the preliminary matches to each country's leaders, we must also have some time to prepare and distribute the summons for the final selection, not to mention the examinees will need time to prepare for something that is this important. Now, with all of that behind us, I'd like to begin winding things up. But before we can bring this to an end, first there is one more important matter to take care of.

(Y/N): Ugh. Can we hurry this up?

Hokage: In a calm and orderly fashion, each of you is going to take one slip of paper from the box that Anko is holding.

Anko looked at them, holding a box full of paper.

Anko: Everyone just stay where you are. I'll come to you. Just take one.

(Y/N) watched as Naruto took one of the papers in the box. It said the number "1" on it.

(Y/N): "1?" So these papers have numbers on them?

Anko walked over to him, and he grabbed a piece of paper. He opened it and looked at it.

It said the number "3."

(Y/N): "3?" Hmm...

Naruto: What do these numbers mean?

Anko: Just hold your horses. We'll explain in a minute.

After everyone took a piece of paper, Ibiki looked up from the clipboard he was holding.

Ibiki: Good, now everyone has one. Going from left to right, tell me the number that's written on your slip of paper.

Dosu: I've got four.

Naruto: Number one of course.

(Y/N): I have tres.

Temari: Nine.

Kankurō: Seven.

Gaara: Five.