Chapter VI

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Squad 7 and Tazuna were in a boat, going to the Land of Waves. Fog was everywhere.

Sakura: This fog's so thick, you can't see anything.

(Y/N): How do we know if we're even going in the right direction?

The boat owner, Kaji, looked at everyone.

Kaji: The bridge isn't far now. Our destination's just ahead, the Land of Waves.

A half-built bridge soon appeared through the fog. It was really tall.

Naruto: Whoa! It's huge!

Kaji: <to Naruto> What? Quiet! I told you, no noise! Why do you think we're traveling like this, huh? Cutting off the engine and rowing, moving through the dense fog so they don't see us.

(Y/N): But who is "they?"

Kakashi looked at Tazuna.

Kakashi: Mr. Tazuna... before we reach the pier, I want to ask you something. The men who are after you, I need to know why. If you don't tell us, I'm afraid I'll have to end this mission when we drop ashore.

Everyone stared at Tazuna, as he looked down.

Tazuna: I have no choice but to tell you. No, I want you to know the truth.

Tazuna explained that an evil and wealthy businessman named Gatō came to the Land of Waves to use his money to buy all of the ships and ports. Gatō is after Tazuna, because he does not want the bridge to be built.

Sakura: So that's it. Since you're in charge of the bridge, you're standing in this gangster's way.

Sasuke: That means those guys we fought in the forest, they were working for Gatō.

Naruto: Ah, hmm.

(Y/N): So that means there will be men pursuing us all throughout our stay here, then? That doesn't sound fun.

Kakashi: <to Tazuna> I don't understand. If you knew he was dangerous, knew he'd send ninja to eliminate you, why did you hide that from us?

Tazuna went on to explain how the people in the Land of Waves can not afford to pay for A or B-rank missions.

Tazuna: If you end the mission when you drop me ashore, there will be no bridge. They'll assassinate me before I reach home. But don't feel bad about that. Of course, my sweet little grandson will be upset. He'll cry, <imitating a child> "Grandad! I want my Grandad!"

(Y/N)/Sakura/Naruto/Sasuke: -____-

(Y/N): <quietly> I knew he was drunk.

Tazuna: Oh, and my daughter will condemn the Ninja of the Hidden Leaves, denouncing and blaming you for abandoning her father and living her life in sorrow.

Everyone groaned.

Tazuna: Oh, well. It's not your fault. Forget it.

(Y/N): Way to blackmail us, you douchebag.

Everyone looked at each other. Kakashi closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead.

Kakashi: Well, I guess we have no other choice. <to Tazuna> We'll have to keep guarding you.

Tazuna: Oh, I'm very greatful. <quietly> I win.

Kaji: We're approaching the shore. <to Tazuna> Tazuna, we're been very fortunate. No one has noticed us so far.