Chapter XXIV

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

The four Genin were hurrying through the woods towards the building in the middle of the forest.

Sasuke: <to Kabuto> Do you think there are still other candidates out here?

Kabuto: Oh, yeah. Just think about it. What do you think is the most efficient way of finding the scrolls in an area as large as this? To go searching through the forest for them?

(Y/N): No. You wait for them to come to you. Teams without the two scrolls will be waiting at the tower ready to ambush other teams with the scrolls.

Kabuto: Exactly.

Sakura: Oh, I get it. So we just head to the tower, hide out somewhere, and when a team comes along with a Heaven Scroll, we jump on them!

Kabuto: Yes, but remember, you guys aren't the only ones thinking of this. There are probably lots of other teams ready to ambush other teams just like you.

Naruto: So what? The more, the merrier, I say! Whoever they are, we'll take care of them. <chuckles> Wouldn't want this to be too easy. That wouldn't be fun.

Kabuto: One more thing. There's bound to be some collectors around the building.

(Y/N): Collectors?

Kabuto: In this exam, with the tower just a stone's throw away, you definitely can't rest easy... Those particular conditions are what create them. In other words, those who gather extra scrolls as compensation for sparing them when coming across an unexpected enemy. Also, those who get information to proceed favorably through later exams by providing the lacking scrolls to comrades sharing the same village.

Sasuke smirked.

Sasuke: So the reason you brought us along with you is because you're scared of running into these people?

Kabuto: Yep.

(Y/N): Sounds like fun. I've been wanting to kick some more ass ever since the battle with those Sound Ninja.

Time-Skip

That evening, the group was making their way towards the tower.

Suddenly, a bunch of the same looking ninjas emerged from the forest, surrounding the group.

Naruto and Sakura gasped.

Sasuke: Well, Naruto, (Y/N). You guys wanted a fight.

(Y/N) smirked and took out Crimson.

(Y/N): I'm going to have a good time slicing through all of these people.

More and more of the same looking ninjas emerged from almost everywhere.

Sakura: What are they?

Kabuto: Clones from the look of it. And a whole lot of them.

One of the clones laughed.

Clone: Cornered like rats.

Naruto: Oh, yeah? Cornered rats are we?

He jumped at the clone and punched it in the stomach. Surprisingly, Naruto's hand went right through the clone, taking off a part of the clone's body. It then collapsed.

(Y/N): What the hell are these things?

Another clone then emerged from the broken clone, wielding a kunai knife.