Chapter XV

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

(Edited)

(Y/N) stared at Haku's body before running up to Naruto.

(Y/N): What the hell happened?

Naruto: (Y/N)? Oh, Haku... He just disappeared and reappeared in front of Zabuza just as Kakashi-sensei tried to stab him with some lightning jutsu. Haku took the attack for him and died.

(Y/N) nodded his head in understanding. He didn't want to admit it out loud, but he was glad to see that Sasuke was avenged even if it was not by his hand. Still, he couldn't help but feel a little pity for Haku.

Meanwhile, Kakashi stabbed both of Zabuza's arm, causing them to become limp.

Kakashi: Now you can't use either arm. No justu. No katas. No chakra.

Zabuza grunted in pain and glared at Kakashi.

(Y/N): I guess Kakashi-sensei doesn't need any help. At least this is almost finally over.

He frowned when he saw marks on Naruto's neck where he had tried to strangle the boy.

(Y/N) placed a hand on Naruto's shoulder.

(Y/N): I'm so sorry for trying to kill you, Naruto.

Naruto: You already told me that, (Y/N). I told you it's all right.

(Y/N): No, it's not. I feel so guilty about it.

Naruto: You don't have to feel like—

The white haired boy pulled the blond one into a hug.

(Y/N): I'm sorry for all of the mean jokes I've said about you. You don't deserve any of that. Especially after how the village has treated you all of these years.

Naruto hugged (Y/N) back and nodded.

(Y/N): Here. As an apology, I'll buy you all of the ramen you want for a week! I know it's a bad apology for trying to kill you, but—

Naruto: You don't have to do that, (Y/N). But... I won't tell you that you don't have to do that. Heh.

(Y/N) ruffled Naruto's hair. He smiled at him.

Suddenly, an unfamiliar voice was heard.

???: Well, he's certainly made a fine mess out of you! What a pity, Zabuza!

The two young shinobi turned to where the voice was and saw a short man with glasses standing in front of a huge group of what looked like common mercenaries and bounty hunters. For some reason, he had a cast on one of his arms.

Zabuza: Gatō... What are you doing here? And why did you bring all of them?

Gatō: <chuckling> There's been a slight change of plan, Zabuza. Or of your plans, anyway. This was what I had in mind all along. You're going to die, "Demon," here and now.

Zabuza: What?

Gatō: You must have guessed. I never intended to pay you. It's such a bother hiring a skilled shinobi affiliated with one of the top villages. It's expensive, and they tend to have friends who object when I betray and kill them. It's so much simpler to hire renegades like yourself. No one cares what I do to your kind once the job is done. All of you ninja are so eager to fight each other. Once you've worn each other down, common thugs can finish off the rest. It's a great business plan—efficient and inexpensive. My only mistake was hiring you in the first place. Calling yourself the Demon of Kirigakure is just plain false advertising! Heh heh... You're no demon. More like a baby demon, if that.