chap20 Snow white & The Prince

Adhya POV

The moment I regained my consciousness, I felt myself in unfamiliar place. I looked around. I saw 'him' on a chair near to my bed. Suddenly my eyes started to water. I remembered all those accusations and bad words he spoke to me, then me going to the state of panic attack. A sob left my mouth. And he startled.

"Adhya"! He said softly.

I tried to get up.

"No Don't"! He came towards me and put me again to the bed.

"You are weak. You were unconscious for three hours. As my home was near, I took you here. I called the doctor. He put you on sedatives and relaxants. How are you feeling now!" He asked hesitantly.

"Great"! I said sarcastically.

"Look I am sorry, I have over reacted". He replied.

Did he just said sorry to me! I looked him into his eyes, to catch some emotions.

His eyes were plain and unreadable.

"See we know we are stucked in a situation. We have to show the world that we are a married couple. Jahangir do business only with those who have family. Besides Naziya is our plus point. With you being my wife and naziya being your friend can get us an access to their home. We have to act for few months , for the mission." He said.

"I... But marriage will be real." I replied.

For a moment he didn't reply. May be he too was thinking the same. Marriage is not a play. It is commitment.

"See as an agent , it is our duty to put country first. Everything else is secondary. A soldier sacrifice a lot. What we are doing is nothing in comparison. We can lead our lives separately once our mission is over. We don't love each other." He replied.

"I need to ask Radha aunty." I replied.

"Very well. We talk to her. Now you sleep. I informed your aunty. Its raining heavily outside. We can't go now. I will drop you to your home tomorrow." He said.

I nodded and layed down. I saw him retreating. He switched off the light and went out of the room. I don't know when I slept.

Advitya POV

I returned to my room. I changed my clothes and I put on my night pajama pants and t shirt. I lied on the bed as I want to rest. But today's event is making me restless. I tried to close my eyes. The moment I closed my eyes 'her' face come infront of me. I still can feel her lips on my lips. My lips have secured the sensation. "It was an act of revival. Nothing else" I reminded myself. But the moment her lips connected with mine, I have sparkling feeling across my body. This was my first time.
I couldn't able to sleep. I got up.
"I think I should read something". I decided. I opened my almirah and start looking for the book I was reading. Where did I keep it? Oh it's here! I took the book from the plank but another book which was under the book I wanted to read, fell.
I took the book in my hand from the ground. It was fairytale book.
The girl I met 9 months back at airport has left the book on the chair. She was reading the book and left it in haste. I remembered the day. Her name was 'shakti'. I saw the book and opened the bookmark page. The page illustrates she was reading Snowwhite & the prince. I smiled on her childishness. I read the lines of the story,

"The Prince hears of Snow White's deep sleep and rides to the clearing where her coffin has been placed

"The Prince hears of Snow White's deep sleep and rides to the clearing where her coffin has been placed. The dwarfs make way for the Prince to approach Snow White. He then gives the princess "Love's First Kiss", which breaks the curse, reviving Snow White. She wakes up and, upon seeing the Prince, extends her arms out to him as he scoops her up in her arms. The dwarfs rejoice, as the Prince carries Snow White to his horse. She kisses each dwarf goodbye before leaving with the Prince for his castle (the outline of which is shown in the clouds above), where they live happily ever after."

I remembered the moment I touched Adhya's lips with mine. She was Snowwhite today & was I her prince? I saved her life like Prince Richard did.
Why I had to read this story today itself. ? Is it some kind of indication?. My heart asked. I closed my eyes in confusion.

I again came to my bed and tried to sleep again. This time I was successful.

**********************************
Short and cute update. Reviews are always welcome. I wanted to put this part of Snowwhite story in one of my stories. I mentioned it here. I hope you will like it. By the way, Prince in snowwhite was the first person who performed resuscitation on somebody.