Excerpt 2

A slow breeze healing my unseen wounds. I am in my thoughts, noticing nothing but the sunset. I don't remember for how long I am sitting on a bench, gazing a spot in the dusky sky.

"Thinking about something very deeply"

And the voice made me return from no man's land.

"No just watching this beautiful nature" I replied.

She sits beside. We sit in silence for few minutes.

"I saw him yesterday"! She said.
I turned to her.

"Who"? I asked

'Your husband'!

I start fidgeting my fingers in anxiousness.

"Oh ! Ok . Where"? I asked.

"In the mall" , she took her time and she said
"with a girl"!

I tried to look unaffected.

"That must be be Tanya! His secretary". He told me about his meeting. I tried to cover him.

"I saw them in girl's washroom". She said in utter disgust.

I stopped looking to her. I am in awkward position. I don't know  what should I reply.

"They were very closed Adhya"! She said in low voice.

I looked straight without tilting my head in her direction. Tried my best to not look into her eyes.

"I believe him"! I managed to reply. While maintaining my neck and gaze in fixed position.

She laughed sarcastically , "you believe him? Even when I told you about his closeness with a girl whatever her name is. How can you say that."

I have no answers for the question she is asking.

"What are you holding Adhi"? She continued asking me. "What are you hiding?"

"Niti di you are overreacting". I looked her this time.
"He is a good man. He is a man one can only dream of. I LOVE HIM with all my heart. sometimes what we see is not true. I think you might have mistaken. I BELIEVE HIM. he might be helping that girl. He has such a kind heart".

She thought for a while. And nod her  head in denial.

"You have changed Adhya"?
I looked at her.

"You are not the Adhya I knew. The Adhya I knew was possessive about the things she loved. Old Adhya was possessive about her parents, best friend, her clothes, her toys. Here you are saying you love him but you are not possessive about him. You not even tried to know about the girl he was making out with.
You have changed , you definitely have changed."

She got up from the bench almost yelling that I have changed.

"So what should I do." I replied faintly.

She stopped in her stance.

"What should I do Niti di"! I continued replying to her.

"Should I start behaving like a typical wife who doubts her husband". I paused.

"You said old Adhya was possessive about her things. That's true. But what I got in return. All those people I loved have left me". I paused a little to recollect my painful memories.

"And What if I become madly possessive about him , he will left me too. You know how unfortunate I am."

She turned to me , her eyes were moist. She came to me running, Holding me in a tight hug. I had tears in my eyes. She immediately wiped them with her fingers. "Don't call yourself unlucky Adhi
I am sorry Adhi. I am sorry!!"

"It's ok Niti di". I soothe her back with my hands. But trust me he is a good man. You are misjudging him". I replied.

She nods her head in agreement.

Not very far from the vision, someone was listening their conversation. He turned back and hide behind the pillar, when the two leading their way inside.

"I hurt her" !! Advitya managed to mumble only this.

******
The two excerpts from the book are just glimpse of the story. Next update will be the story itself. I hope you liked it.
Please Like & comment.