Chapter 21 The proposal

Shekhar POV

May be marrying her is not a bad idea. From yesterday night I am thinking about her. She is a fragile doll. And I am now marrying her. I remembered the moment when my lips touched her lips. Right now we are heading to her house. Sarin sir will talk about our wedding with her caretaker Radha.

"Come shekhar . We reached". I came out of my trance as sarin sir told me about our arrival at her home. I am nervous!

....................

"But Dayal saab, Baby jee is my responsibility. I promised her father and mother that in their absence I will take care of her". Radha aunty said.
"Radha you are right!but we have no option. The job she took is like that only. We have to make sacrifices". Dayal sir said.

"Sacrifice? My baby jee is no goat. What if this man harm her." She pointed finger on me.

"I won't! Why will I harm her. She will be my wife. A..and It's for the mission. And we all know we are country's soldier first". I replied sternly.

"But .. "

"Come on Radha! We don't have time.  Next week we have to move to Dubai. Before that they must get married". Dayal sir said.

"I ... My pari.. please take care of her.* She fold her hand infront of me.

I immediately took her hand in mine. "You don't have to bow". I tried to assure her.

"Don't worry radha. Shekhar is a gentleman. Trust me". Dayal sir favoured me infront of her.

She nodded.

"Where is Adhya"! Dayal sir asked.
"She"..before Radha aunty replied door swung open.and somebody came inside while yelling

"Radha maa... Today grocery shop was fully packed.. see what I have.."
Adhya stood shocked when she saw us .

"Hello Adhya. Seems you are practicing to be a good wife already." Dayal sir nudged me from his elbow.

"G..good m..morning sir"! She hesitated and eyed both of us.

I nodded. She looks cute in casual clothes. Dayal sir smiled in response.

"So Adhya.. next week on Thursday you two are getting married".. dayal sir announced.

Shs dropped everything which she was holding on the ground..

I saw her, she immediately bowed down and start picking the things.

Was it a reaction!! But she masks her emotions very well.

"Adhya be careful".. Radha aunty replied.

"So as per schedule Thursday evening you will be married infront of some elite businessmen including Jehangir Siddiqui. Next day of marriage you will start your journey to the Dubai. It is your destination for the mission. Always remember".. dayal sir said.

We both nodded.

"Radha give us sweet. Our Children are getting married". Dayal sir said.

We both looked at each other. Her eyes were moist. But why?
As if you behaved great with her. My mind mocked me.

"Be ready for the wedding Adhya. Ok.  We will be meeting you on Thursday. I will text whole schedule ". Dayal sir said.
She nodded..

I took the sweet from the plate.

"Shekhar give little sweet to Adhya also. Behave like a couple now." Dayal sir said

I placed a piece of laddu near her mouth. She bite a little. I wasn't looking anywhere but her. She is not looking at me. I glanced her one more time.  Finally she looked at me. Then i took the whole laddu in my mouth from where she bite. She looked at me with her already wide eyes in amazement. I smiled on her response. She blushed a little & held her head low in shyness.
I feel so strange in my heart. My heart is melting. Is this call love? I don't know...

***********************************
Like, comment , reviews are welcome.. thank you lovelies 🤗