I See The Light // Enchanted Forest

*past*

A connection. 

Sometimes that's all it takes. 

For a short period of time, the Wicked Witch had left the fairytale characters alone. No one knew where she went as everyone had taken their places back in the Enchanted Forest. Regina was still the Queen - just a nicer version - Snow and Charming were preparing for their baby, even the dwarves found their place by staying at Snow's side at all times. 

In the moment, there were no battles to fight. But still, Regina was nervous. 

"She's stirring something up, I can feel it," she said, pacing around her rooms. 

Kyla sat at her vanity, watching her carefully. It felt almost too familiar. Just before the first curse that took them to Storybrooke, they were in the exact same spots plotting and waiting. 

"She is," Kyla agreed, "but we can't stop living our lives." 

Regina stopped and looked at her. "That's how everyone felt when I threatened them. And look what happened there," she said in reference to the curse. 

"Fair point," Kyla said. "But how long has she been silent? Weeks now."

"That's what worries me. It feels like any second the other shoe is going to drop." 

"I still don't understand that expression," Kyla muttered to herself. "Look, Regina," she said, standing up and taking Regina's hands, "I know things have been hard without Henry, but I promise you, it'll hurt less over time. It might not completely go away-"

"It won't ever go away," she said, releasing Kyla's hands. 

Kyla shook her head. That's what she got for trying to be nice. Suddenly, they heard footsteps down her walkway and they both turned their heads to see who was walking toward them. A smile appeared on Kyla's face - of which she had no control - when she recognized Flynn Rider appearing before them. 

"Your Majesty," he said, bowing to Regina, then turned to Kyla, "Your Highness." 

"What do you want, Ruffian?" Regina said to him in a booming voice. Rider's face contorted into his famous smirk that Kyla loved so much. 

"Ruffian?" She whispered to Regina, curious as to why she called him that. 

"Those would be what we called the thieves from my kingdom. One of which I am not, thank you very much. I'm actually here for the Princess," he said to Regina. 

"That is seriously going to take some getting used to." Kyla said. 

"Your sister is looking for you," he said, holding his hand to her. Kyla smiled once more, then turned to Regina. 

"If anything happens, find me. But until then, try to live a little," she said, squeezing her hand, then taking Rider's. 

As they walked down the pathway, hand in hand, Kyla asked, "What does my sister want?" 

"Oh, nothing," he said, "I just wanted to steal you away for a few moments." 

Kyla chuckled. "Well, thank Heavens for that." 

He led her right down to the main hall, out the big doors and looked around. 

"What did you have in mind?" She asked. 

"This is about as far as I got," he admitted sheepishly. She giggled - a sound that had never escaped her before - and came up with the perfect idea. 

"Do you know what I haven't done in a very long time?" She said. 

"What's that?" He asked, squeezing her hand.